We foster a culture of inclusion by embracing diverse experiences and individuals where everyone’s authentic self is welcome. We offer supporting programs and resources that provide enriching and equitable opportunities for each person to contribute professionally and personally.
This position will work closely with AtriCure engineering, manufacturing, supplier quality, and suppliers to ensure that quality system activities are completed. This individual will have a technical foundation and must be able to lead and coordinate activities related to daily operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Provides daily Quality Engineering support of manufacturing operations where daily activities require working with collaborative cross-functional team. Daily tasks require the timely addressing of product line issues through correction and prevention processes.
- With respect to direct line responsibility, the QE manages, and coordinates required activities from functions (ie. Engineering, Manufacturing, Supplier Quality, Inspection, Document Control) and processes (ie. NCR, Investigation, FMEA’s, Rework, Deviations, CAPA)
- Chairs the MRB for respective product line.
- Applies reasoning ability; supports and prioritizes projects, adapts to shifting priorities, works with little guidance from management, and resolves problems/conflicts.
- Contributes to new product development and transfer by supporting Design Assurance (and NPD Teams) as required. Examples would include inspection/control plan development and the establishment of compliant production and process controls during production transfer
- Contributes to the development and implementation of quality system processes, including regulatory requirements, as applicable.
- Assists with 3rd party, internal, and external FDA and ISO audits, as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned
ADDITIONAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Regular and predictable work performance
- Ability to work under fast-paced conditions
- Ability to make decisions and use good judgment
- Ability to prioritize various duties and multitask as required
- Ability to successfully work with others
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required in Engineering or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 1 - 7 years of experience in a process, manufacturing, or quality engineering role.
- Able to interpret design drawings (including GD&T) and product specifications
- Gage R&R experience a plus
- Experience with process validation, design verification/design validation
- Problem solving/Troubleshooting experience
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing tools such as value stream mapping, 6S, Kazan, etc. a plus
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- FDA and ISO 13485 knowledge
- Metrology, auditing and data analysis experience
- Computer/data entry skills
- Written/report writing skills
- Experience training production associates, inspectors, or junior engineers.
- Experience with industrial or manufacturing statistics
- MDD, MDR, CMDR and JPAL knowledge
- Regulatory experience
- Experience with design verification / design validation
- Knowledge of EO and Gamma sterilization processes.
- Engineering/design background
- Ability to regularly walk, sit, or stand as needed
- Ability to occasionally bend and push/pull as needed
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Job Family Quality Engineering
- Job Function Quality
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Non Manager