Cybersecurity Threat Manager
Bank of America
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
The DMZ Services Security Transition and Integration Team is seeking a Cybersecurity Threat Manager to support Release & Deployment (new deployments of Security Systems in support of high-profile projects) and Lifecycle Management Refresh initiatives (upgrading Hardware and Software to mitigate End-of-Life equipment or Non-Permitted Technologies). Responsible for managing the Cybersecurity Threat Team to deliver technology products and services to achieve business outcomes and meet organizational goals.
Direct all project and BAU initiatives with bank resources, contractors, and professional services staff. Ensure planning and logistics occur on-time, and our annual commitment volumes are delivered with zero impact to the production network. Run Technical Engineering, Release Management, and strategic planning to implement complex solutions for products including McAfee, BlueCoat, FireEye, F5 SSLO, Alteon and other equipment as well as their respective management systems
Responsible for building and maintaining talent, conducting performance reviews, and developing skills to meet evolving needs. Promote people development through coaching, mentoring, feedback, and hands-on career training. Accountable for team/program level resource and financial management. Sets goals and maturity objectives and enables individuals/teams with training & resources to achieve them.
Oversee annual Capital and Operational budgets to procure forecasted needs, manage logistics, and successfully implement. Develop a technology strategy and ensures technology solutions comply with applicable standards. Accountable for the preparation and execution of network changes and resulting production performance (changes implemented successfully, UAT, resiliency, and performance standards). Sets, tracks, and reports quality and performance objectives. Manages relationships with the business and technology leaders, and vendors for technical products. Accountable to ensure all relevant risk, financial, and compliance policies and standards are met.
- The Cybersecurity Threat Manager will direct and support all technical and strategic initiatives with bank resources, contractors, and professional services personnel.
- Responsible for managing teams and workload to ensure technical planning and logistics occur to achieve targeted schedules and work output.
- Remain engaged to ensure annual commitment volumes are met, all while incurring zero impact to the network as a result of our work.
- Proactive planning and attention to detail are key areas of responsibility leveraging McAfee, BlueCoat, Fireeye, F5 SSLO, NSX Defender, NetSkope, and Alteon equipment and respective management systems.
- Understanding of Bank Infrastructure and Risk Management processes are highly recommended to remain successful.
- This key position will require the ability to manage multiple technical project engagements, strategic initiatives and BAU work.
- The candidate must be a team player that can also work independently to manage multiple deadlines, priorities and a diverse set of applications and requirements.
- The candidate must possess the ability to analyze and understand a variety of existing and evolving business requirements, interface with technology engagement teams, and provide best in class Threat solutions that align to meet business and technology requirements.
- Candidate will be a confident and engaged Engineering Manager type with strong verbal and written communication skills and a proven track record of successful delivery in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidate must track to organizational expectations, as well as our Book of Work consisting of Projects, BAU work, and annual commitments and overcome any obstacles to ensure successful delivery on time and without impact.
- Candidate will be responsible for collaboration with various levels of management, clients, vendors, and technical team members in delivering technical Threat solutions.
- 12+ years of IT experience with Technical Management with Threat solutions
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required and respond to escalations when needed.
- Extensive Technical Managerial experience applying analytical thinking and problem-solving
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making and supervising department teams
- Excellent oral and written communication – must be able to communicate at all organizational levels. Strong communication skills to work with senior management to provide status updates, deliver requirements and report details at correct level
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow an existing refined process, while also seeking continual improvements. Assess and advise of solutions to improve processes
- Bank experience highly recommended along with comprehensive knowledge of business unit’s functions.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others
- Assign and oversee the daily tasks of technical personnel while ensuring all resources are actively working toward established milestones
- Hold regular operational and technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects and work to unblock
- Determine and define clear deliverables, roles and responsibilities for staff members required for specific projects or initiatives
- Experience with Cybersecurity Vendor products and solutions, including McAfee and BlueCoat proxies
- Experience building and operating various Threat platforms to include Fireeye, F5 SSLO, NSX Defender, NetSkope, and Alteon
- Development and maintenance of High Level and Low Level Design diagrams/documentation
- Strong knowledge of network routing/switching (routing protocols, multicast, other LAN protocols)
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience with Threat solutions
- Recruit and train exceptional employees to fulfill posted positions within the technical department. Establish and implement training processes and strategies for all technical personnel
- Experience mentoring, coaching and developing rising talent within the technology department
- Ability to predict challenges and seek to proactively head-off obstacles
- Proactively engage to assess readiness and ensure zero impact from changes
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with others, make decisions to initiate action, and adapt to change
- Leadership skills to manage and motivate resources to achieve goals
- Strong analytical skills and ability to troubleshoot on technical triage calls
- In depth engineering experience in Perimeter & Threat solutions, including the design, low level engineering, and delivery of new hardware systems for client applications across the enterprise DMZ.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Referral Bonus Amount:0
Something looks off?