ESG (Renewable Energy) SVP, Sr. Credit Officer
Bank of America
Responsible for the negotiation, diligence and execution of renewable energy Tax Equity transactions. Possesses and shares with clients and members of the deal execution team expert knowledge of renewable energy and project finance credit risk. Interacts regularly with clients to proactively understand their goals, their current performance, and their needs. Tax Equity Underwriting lead in liaising with Origination, Risk Management, Engineering, Legal and Tax specialists for Renewable Energy Finance and Global Sustainable Finance Group transactions. Directly accountable for managing transaction credit quality and its approval process through their interactions with the Credit approval committee. Also accountable for the documentation of transactions as a principal member of the deal team. Provide guidance, support and mentorship to junior staff.
The position/qualifications as described are for a Senior Credit Officer position, but the position can be filled as a Credit Officer II based on the experience level of the candidate.
Responsible for delivery of integrated credit solutions to middle market or corporate clients. Partner closely with client-facing teammates in both the Global Corporate Bank and Global Commercial Bank to consult on sales opportunities and provide the product expertise and consultation necessary to deliver the best possible solution to the client. Generally has 7-10 years of progressive credit experience. Has an expert level of industry, skill, and product knowledge and the ability to underwrite complex transactions.
Undergraduate degree; MBA or MS in finance, accounting or operations preferred
Preferred Prior Work Experience:
Between 7-10 years of experience in commercial banking or finance industry with significant credit analysis experience. Experience in thermal energy, oil and gas, midstream, renewable energy or infrastructure debt or equity transactions is preferred but not required depending on prior credit analysis or project finance experience.
- Extensive experience in the analysis and structuring of highly complex transactions, including project-oriented energy financings
- Strong credit and risk analysis skills
- Must be able to analyze, interpret and negotiate transaction document terms
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external clients and partners
- Superior organizational and time management skills with the ability to efficiently work on several priorities at a time
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Computer skills - very comfortable with applications such as MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- 20% Travel
- Location New York City
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Referral Bonus Amount:0