Global Markets Credit Business Analyst - New York
Bank of America
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
- Global Markets Credit (GMC) organization is responsible for credit underwriting, ongoing monitoring and portfolio management of Global Markets (GM) financing and traded products transactions
- GMC is a global organization, with over 120 staff globally, which partners directly with Global Markets FLU teams in relation to client selection, structuring and underwriting activities to drive revenue growth while maintaining appropriate risk disciplines.
- GMC also coordinates engagement with key control partners including Global Risk, Credit Review and Audit to accordance with our Risk Framework
- Business Analyst have responsibilities for the oversight across all margins related projects supporting GMC hedge fund and asset manager portfolios, partnering with Global Risk, quantitative modelling, and technology teams
- Responsible for key Counterparty Credit Risk (CCR) enhancements including the development of margin benchmarking capabilities, daily workflow, and reporting processes, as part of time sensitive regulatory requirements
- Responsible for driving enhancement of trade level IA calculators, supporting modelling teams with model review and validation
- Responsible for developing business requirements, management of UAT and other testing processes and go live planning activities
- Support the definition of the strategic direction of the GMC Operating Model for the margining processes. Design reporting to capture key metrics to promote a strong process and control mindset across the operating environment
- Facilitate global cooperation as an intermediary between regional GMC stakeholders across differing time zones
- Champion communication routines at all levels through the project life cycle
- At least 3 years directly applicable and relatable experience
- Truly comfortable in a fast-paced and change-oriented environment. Flexible working manner. Able to manage diverse workloads and prioritize accordingly
- Experience with credit related processes preferred but not a mandatory requirement
- Execution-oriented and results-focused self-starter able to work independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills at all levels (i.e., colleagues to senior management) and situations (i.e., one-on-one to presentations).
- A pragmatic and flexible attitude towards problem solving, and a consultative working style. Good team player with positive “can-do” attitude.
- Possesses a strong commitment to excellence by anticipating needs, mitigating risks and minimizing potential problems.
- Excellent communications skills – Additional data/process visualization tools such as Tableau and Visio would be an advantage
- Strong command of Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word & PowerPoint) and/or other data analytics software - ability to analize large data sets, presenting complex information and make related recommendations is critical
- Experience in technology system development life cycle required; including development of business cases, documenting requirements, testing and managing release cycles
- Experience in Global Markets derivatives, legal agreements, and risk metrics such as stress testing measures a preference but not mandatory
- Experience in credit underwriting or monitoring processes, either in a credit officer or support partner capacity also an advantage but not mandatory
- College graduate or equivalent and/or track record of relevant experience
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Referral Bonus Amount:0
See more open positions at Bank of America
Something looks off?