Assistant Vice President/ Vice President, Network Problem Manager, Production Services Specialist, Chief Technology Organisation
Bank of America
The role of Network Problem Manager is to provide Problem Management coordination, data analysis and relationship management capabilities across all Network technologies. This function is key to identifying root cause and prevention of incidents.
What you can expect
The areas of focus for the Network Problem Manager is to facilitate the investigation of root cause, identification of gaps, risk, and potential disruptions by proactively implementing mitigations to maximize service availability across Network technologies. Network Problem Managers are expected to be well versed in numerous networking technologies and investigation methodology, including the use of proactive and reactive tools.
This position will interface directly with internal stakeholders and external suppliers/providers, architecture, product engineering, product management, and business management. At times, they may interface with various levels of senior management. Strong communication and problem-solving skills are a must. The candidate must be able to work on their own and successfully in team settings in various sizes and locations. Adherence and use of standards, product sets, templates, systems, and artifacts are important to the success of the individual, the department, and the firm at large.
- Experience with Problem or Incident Management
- Knowledge of IT Technical skills across multiple disciplines
- The ability to provide leadership skills (self-starter / self-motivated)
- Organized and detail oriented
- Strong technical acumen coupled with strong analytical skills
- Knowledgeable on JIRA, Confluence, and experience with Agile framework & SCRUM ceremonies
- The candidate must have excellent client interfacing skills, strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with all levels of management.
- Candidate should have experience operating with colleagues across different time zones with a flexible approach to working hours (ability to work varied hours) to successfully interact and communicate on a global level
- Experience in networking principles and protocols, Cloud or SDN knowledge and experience.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience in Networking-related disciplines within a design, implementation, or operations role
Relevant Industry certifications in Network Technologies
- Experience of working within Financial services (Insurance, Banking, Investment banking)
- Experience with other network technologies
- WAN, MAN, LAN, Optical, Routing, Switching, Proxy/Threat Prevention, DDI, Load Balancing, and AAA
The Chief Technology Organization:
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
What you will do
- Lead Problem Investigation efforts for all network technologies
- Conduct proactive assessments of events to determine opportunities for root cause investigation
- Ensure that the problems for which they are responsible progress through the Problem Management process within the expected SLA
- Facilitate Problem Review sessions and documentation when appropriate, ensuring focus on root cause actions and process enhancements
- Ensure workarounds, solutions, and root cause are communicated to stakeholders and documented in the system of record
- Maintain open Problems for status changes and ensures the data quality of records for reporting
- Identify possible production failure scenarios, vulnerabilities, and opportunities for improvement
- The ability to assemble professional documents based on existing templates and ability to provide accurate work descriptions with assumptions, and caveats
About Bank of America
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Connecting Asia Pacific to the world
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Hours Per Week:40
Referral Bonus Amount:0
Something looks off?