Assistant Vice President/ Vice President, Perimeter Security Tier 3, Technology Operations Specialist II, Chief Technology Organisation
Bank of America
The role of the Perimeter Security Technology Operations Specialist II is to act as the technical subject matter expert responsible for training the teams while providing support as the escalation point where in-depth analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of various factors to solve business impacting incidents. In addition, this role oversees projects and direct activities related to initiatives driven/participated by Operations.
What you can expect
The technology areas of focus for the Perimeter Security Technology Operations Specialist II includes edge-network security via firewall and intrusion detection/prevention technologies. Technology Operations Specialist II are expected to be well versed in numerous networking protocols, technologies and troubleshooting methodology, including the use of proactive and reactive tools. The work is always in alignment to the current and approved Network Services Standards, Incident and Problem Management Policies & Procedures, governance and management policies set forth by the firm.
This position will interface directly with internal stakeholders and external suppliers/providers, architecture, product engineering, product management, and business management. At times, they may interface with various levels of senior management. Strong communication and problem-solving skills are a must. The candidate must be able to work on their own and successfully in team settings in various sizes and locations. Adherence and use of standards, product sets, templates, systems, and artifacts are important to the success of the individual, the department, and the firm at large. The Perimeter Security Technology Operations Specialist II will be considered a subject matter expert in their field and is expected to stay current with various technologies, organizational goals, and industry trends to drive end to end value.
- Expert experience with Network technologies
- Firewall Technologies (Fortinet and Checkpoint) – Controllers, Management Platforms, Rule/policy review and Tunneling protocols (SSL/TLS, IPSEC, GRE)
- Network Resiliency – HA-local failover, backups
- WAN/MAN, LAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VRRP, BGP, Multicast, IPv4, IPv6, VPN
- Automation skills – Python, Ansible, Terraform
- Expert experience with troubleshooting complex networking problems
- Experience as technical level escalation and/or lead
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Agile framework & SCRUM ceremonies
- Understand configuration management with tools such as Forward Networks and HPNA
- Experience using (both proactive and reactive) advanced tooling; Inclusive of but not limited to NetScout, Wireshark, Splunk, SevOne, HPNA, NNMI, OBM, IBM Watson, NSO, etc.
- General experience in Network Automation tools and processes
- Self-starter/self-directed, organized and detail oriented
- Strong technical acumen and analytical skills
- Excellent client interfacing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with all levels of management
- Experience aligning actions to business impact and service restoral
- Demonstrates ownership: Is accountable and can hold others accountable (professionally)
- Experience operating with colleagues across different time zones with a flexible approach to working hours (ability to work varied hours) to successfully interact and communicate on a global level
- Experience in Networking-related disciplines within a design, implementation, or operations role
- Relevant Industry certifications in Network Technologies
- Cloud or SDN knowledge and experience
- Experience with SDN; Cisco ACI, VMware NSX, Arista CloudVision
- Experience with SDWAN, preferred if on CloudGenix
- Experience with automation tools such as Python, Ansible, YAML or Django, API calls (to ticketing systems and network devices), and frontend web development
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience of working within Financial Services (Insurance, Banking, Investment banking)
- Experience with other network technologies
- WAN, MAN, LAN, Optical, Routing, Switching, Proxy/Threat Prevention, DDI, Load Balancing, and AAA
The Chief Technology Organization:
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
What you will do
- Level 3 Escalation point for Operational support of Network Perimeter Security technologies
- Fortinet, Checkpoint, and Trend Micro
- Technical areas of focus include but are not limited to firewall, network address translation, routing, and intrusion detection/prevention systems
- Proactive network reviews including
- Routine testing of disaster recovery scenarios, identification of vulnerabilities, and opportunities for improvement in observability across the network stack
- Contribute in continuous improvement of network infrastructure monitoring and/ or automation tools/scripts.
- Mentorship of Production Services Specialists and technical leadership within the team
- Work with senior team members to validate impacts and communicate to all stakeholder’s technical status updates
- Participate in the documentation of application flows, upstream/downstream impacts during outages, the customer experience in failure scenarios, contacts for various support needs and ensures appropriate runbooks and wikis are up to date and available for use during triage
- Work ad-hoc reports and offline incidents at the direction of the senior team members or leadership
- Promote and enforce production governance during triage/testing and fix efforts, exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Adhere to design standards and global design authority processes and procedures
- Assemble professional documents based on existing templates and ability to provide accurate work descriptions with assumptions, and caveats.
About Bank of America
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Connecting Asia Pacific to the world
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Hours Per Week:40
Referral Bonus Amount:0