Assistant Vice President/ Vice President, Perimeter Security, Production Services Specialist, Chief Technology Organisation
Bank of America
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
The role of Perimeter Security Production Services Specialist provides support of Network infrastructure by detecting, responding, and restoring issues related to Incidents with the primary focus on triage leadership of all business impacting incidents. This role is the key focal point for network stability and owns restoring any impacts to that stability regardless of where the root cause of the impact lies.
Shift and hours of work:
Each shift will be 12hrs, alternate week’s Wed will be an off day.
Shift Pattern A: Sun to Wed
Shift Pattern B: Wed to Sat
What you can expect
The technology areas of focus for the Perimeter Security Production Services Specialist includes edge-network security via firewall and intrusion detection/prevention technologies. Production Services Specialists are expected to be well versed in numerous networking protocols, technologies and troubleshooting methodology, including the use of proactive and reactive tools. The work is always in alignment to the current and approved Network Services Standards, Incident and Problem Management Policies & Procedures, governance and management policies set forth by the firm.
This position will interface directly with internal stakeholders and external suppliers/providers, architecture, product engineering, product management, and business management. At times, they may interface with various levels of senior management. Strong communication and problem-solving skills are a must. The candidate must be able to work on their own and successfully in team settings in various sizes and locations. Adherence and use of standards, product sets, templates, systems, and artifacts are important to the success of the individual, the department, and the firm at large. The Perimeter Security Production Services Specialist will be considered a subject matter expert in their field and is expected to stay current with various technologies, organizational goals, and industry trends to drive end to end value.
- Experience with Network technologies
- Perimeter Security Technologies – Controllers, Management Platforms, Tunneling protocols – SSL/TLS, IPSEC, GRE, Network Resiliency – HA-local failover, backups, WAN/MAN, Routing, Switching, Firewalls, LAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VRRP, BGP, Multicast, IPv4, IPv6, VPN
- Experience operating various firewall platforms (Checkpoint, Fortinet, Trend Micro, Palo Alto SD-WAN Zone Firewall) including expertise with their management platforms
- Experience with troubleshooting complex networking problems
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Agile framework & SCRUM ceremonies
- Understand configuration management with tools such as Forward Networks and HPNA
- Experience using (both proactive and reactive) advanced tooling; Inclusive of but not limited to Netscout, Wireshark, Splunk, SevOne, HPNA, NNMI, OBM, IBM Watson, NSO, etc.
- General experience in Network Automation tools and processes
- Self-starter/self-directed, organized and detail oriented
- Strong technical acumen and analytical skills
- Excellent client interfacing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with all levels of management
- Experience aligning actions to business impact and service restoral
- Demonstrates ownership: Is accountable and can hold others accountable (professionally)
- Experience operating with colleagues across different time zones with a flexible approach to working hours (ability to work varied hours) to successfully interact and communicate on a global level
- Experience in Networking-related disciplines within a design, implementation, or operations role
- Relevant Industry certifications in Network Technologies
- Cloud or SDN knowledge and experience
- Experience with SDN; Cisco ACI, VMware NSX, Arista CloudVision
- Experience with SDWAN, preferred if on Cloudgenix
- Experience with automation tools such as Python, Ansible, YAML or Django, API calls (to ticketing systems and network devices), and frontend web development
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience of working within Financial Services (Insurance, Banking, Investment banking)
- Experience with other network technologies
- WAN, MAN, LAN, Optical, Routing, Switching, Proxy/Threat Prevention, DDI, Load Balancing, and AAA
The Chief Technology Organization:
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
What you will do
- Operational Support of Network Perimeter Security technologies
- Fortinet, Checkpoint, and Trend Micro
- Technical areas of focus include but are not limited to firewall, network address translation, routing, and intrusion detection/prevention systems
- Lead production support triage efforts for network infrastructure incidents, manage bridge line troubleshooting and appropriate team engagement, engage in technical research and troubleshooting, and escalate to next level of leadership as needed
- Identify service impact, interpret monitors, dashboards, and logs; Work with senior team members to validate impacts and communicate all impacts to internal stakeholders and leadership
- Provide status updates and technical detail for awareness communications, ensure accuracy of all communications sent, and ensure any necessary follow-ups are scheduled.
- Identify possible production failure scenarios, vulnerabilities, and opportunities for improvement, and take ownership of escalation.
- Participate in the documentation of application flows, upstream/downstream impacts during outages, the customer experience in failure scenarios, contacts for various support needs and ensures appropriate documents and wikis are up to date and available for use during triage
- Responsible for data quality and completion of incident tickets, including ensuring all impacts are accurately recorded and documented in the system of record.
- Work ad-hoc reports and offline incidents at the direction of the senior team members or leadership
- Promote and enforce production governance during triage/testing and fix efforts, exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Technical areas of focus include but are not limited to Firewall and IDS/IPS
- Must adhere to design standards and global design authority processes and procedures.
- The ability to assemble professional documents based on existing templates and ability to provide accurate work descriptions with assumptions, and caveats.
Hours Per Week:40
Referral Bonus Amount:0