Officer/ Assistant Vice President, Network Operations - Technical Analyst, Chief Technology Organisation
Bank of America
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
This role is an entry level to multiple technology positions. The individual in this role will perform commoditized activities which may include event management, level 1 incident triage, and process and change maintenance and oversight. This individual will build foundational experience in networks, systems, and production support.
Shift and hours of work:
Each shift will be 12hrs, alternate week’s Wed will be an off day.
Shift Pattern A: Sun to Wed
Shift Pattern B: Wed to Sat
What you can expect
The areas of focus for the Technical Analyst includes Event Management, Incident Management, and Level I triage of networking with a primary focus on network change oversight and stability. Network exposure will include (but not limited to) routing & switching, perimeter security, traffic management, content inspection infrastructure, and emerging technologies such as Software Defined Networking. Technical Analyst are expected to have a basic understanding of networking protocols with the ability to adopt new technologies and troubleshooting methodology (including the use of proactive and reactive tools). The work is always in alignment to the current and approved Network Services Standards, Incident and Problem Management Policies & Procedures, governance and management policies set forth by the firm.
This position will interface directly with internal stakeholders and external suppliers/providers, architecture, product engineering, product management, and business management. At times, they may interface with various levels of senior management. Strong communication and problem-solving skills are a must. The candidate must be able to work on their own and successfully in team settings in various sizes and locations. Adherence and use of standards, product sets, templates, systems, and artifacts are important to the success of the individual, the department, and the firm at large.
The Chief Technology Organization:
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
- Basic understanding of Internet protocols and networks:
- WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, IPv4, IPv6, BGP
- OSI layers 1-7
- Basic understanding of troubleshooting methodologies for networking problems
- Basic understanding of Network Automation tools and processes
- Self-starter/self-directed, organized and detail oriented
- Strong technical acumen and analytical skills
- Excellent client interfacing skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience aligning actions to business impact and service restoral
- Demonstrates ownership: Is accountable and can hold others accountable (professionally)
- Ability to operate with colleagues across different time zones with a flexible approach to working hours (ability to work varied hours) to successfully interact and communicate on a global level
- 2 or more years’ experience in Networking-related disciplines within a design, implementation, or operations role
- Basic understanding of JIRA, Confluence, Agile framework & SCRUM ceremonies
- Relevant Industry certifications in Network Technologies
- Cloud or Software Defined Networks knowledge and experience
- Experience with SDN; Cisco ACI, VMware NSX, Arista CloudVision
- Experience with SDWAN, preferred if on CloudGenix (Palo Alto)
- Experience with automation tools such as Python, Ansible, YAML or Django, API calls (to ticketing systems and network devices), and frontend web development
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience of working within Financial Services (Insurance, Banking, Investment banking)
- Experience with other network technologies
- Proxy/Threat Prevention, DDI, Load Balancing, and AAA
What you will do
- Operational support of network environments:
- Switching & Routing (underlay and overlay)
- Firewall, Traffic Management, Content Inspection, and DNS
- Identify service impact, interpret monitors, dashboards, traffic captures, and logs using:
- Splunk, SevOne, IBM Watson AI Ops, Wireshark, NetScout, and Gigamon
- Cisco Nexus / ACI, Arista CloudVision, VMware vSphere
- Operational Change Oversight
- Perform change readiness reporting & communications
- Monitor Network Master Control Room and provide “Air Traffic Control” for all Network changes
- Provide reporting and communication of change activity, including incidents that may be related to change
- Facilitate escalation to NOC and Change leadership teams
- Identify possible production failure scenarios through eyes on glass monitoring of IT infrastructure Services
- React to the failure according to business impact, and communicates with management and technical escalation
- Initiate production support triage efforts for network infrastructure incidents, manage bridge line troubleshooting and appropriate team engagement, engage in technical research and troubleshooting, and escalate to next level of leadership as needed
- Provide status updates and technical detail for awareness communications, ensure accuracy of all communications sent, and ensure any necessary follow-ups are scheduled
- Responsible for data quality and completion of incident tickets, including ensuring all impacts are accurately recorded and documented in the system of record.
- Work ad-hoc reports and offline incidents at the direction of the senior team members or leadership
- Promote and enforce production governance during triage/testing and fix efforts, exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
Hours Per Week:40
Referral Bonus Amount:0
Something looks off?