Site Reliability Engineer
Bank of America
Job Title: Site Reliability Engineer
Corporate Title: Up to Vice President
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
As we embark on a journey to transform our Network Operations Center, we are looking for a highly skilled Network Reliability Engineer to join us. We are a global team across USA, UK, India and Singapore made up of a diverse range of people from varied backgrounds who each bring unique skillsets and perspectives. The team is responsible for building a suite of observability tools and developing our self-healing capabilities while working closely with other members of the Network Services team to ensure one of the largest network infrastructures in the world is highly available, resilient, and secure.
• Building and maintaining network monitoring, orchestration and automation solutions, including automated inventory reconciliation and remediation, workflow automation, automated network configuration validation, automated network health monitoring, automated alerts handling and incident remediation.
• Monitor the performance of our network infrastructure and develop solutions to address any issues.
• Perform regular network infrastructure audits to ensure compliance with best practices and industry standards.
• Collaborate with other teams to troubleshoot and resolve network-related issues.
• Build services with an API driven approach to enable seamless integration of network tools with various other network related services and enable easy consumption of network tools services to end users. Contribute towards API economy.
• Identify opportunities to automate repetitive tasks and help enhance quality of internal processes. Automate everything possible.
• Collaborate with other teams to design and implement tools that will help automate end-to-end processes within network infrastructure.
• Develop automated test suites and maintain clear documentation of solutions developed.
• Development and implementation of build release pipelines with personal accountability for managing deployment schedules, issues, risks, and impediments
• Work with Product owners and stakeholders to prioritize backlogs, deliver solutions through environments and into production.
• Lead and provide estimates, formalize release plans, and implementation schedules/dependencies
• Track infrastructure delivery and dependencies to implementation.
• Communicate implementation issues, delays, and mitigation plans.
• Innovate to improve future processes and deployments.
• Interface and communicate with project team, management and stakeholders.
• Ensure correctness of network inventory across tools by developing useful reports on inventory gaps and help network teams identify and remediate gaps quickly with help of insightful dashboards.
• Ensure compliance of network devices configurations to standards and best practices defined using automated configuration validation scripts. Proactively identify vulnerabilities in the environment and work with stakeholders to remediate the vulnerabilities.
What we are looking for:
• Strong programming skills with minimum of 5 years hands-on Python experience
• Hands-on experience with automation and orchestration tools such as Ansible and Itential or similar tools
• Hands-on experience with network monitoring tools
• Ability to build API based services
• Strong understanding of Network Domain fundamentals, good knowledge in Network Asset and Configuration management processes
• Good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and experienced in using Agile methodologies and tools such as Bitbucket, JIRA, Jenkins
• Analytical skills and problem-solving skills needed to manage multiple factors on a project simultaneously
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Engineering or Computer Science is preferred
Skills that will help (optional):
• Experience in application development or network infrastructure design
Benefits of working at Bank of America
- Private healthcare for you and your family plus an annual health screen to help you manage your physical wellness with the option to purchase a screen for your partner
- Competitive pension plan, life assurance and group income protection cover if you become unable to work as a result of a disability or health reasons
- 20 days of back-up childcare including virtual tutoring and 20 days of back-up adult care per annum
- The ability to change your core benefits as well as the option of selecting a variety of flexible benefits to suit your personal circumstances including access to a wellbeing account, travel insurance, critical illness etc
- Use of a flex fund to use towards benefits
- Access to an emotional wellbeing helpline, mental health first aiders and virtual GP services
- Ability to donate to charities of your choice directly through payroll and the bank will match your contribution
- Opportunity to access our Arts & Culture corporate membership programme and receive discounted entry to some of the UK and Ireland’s most iconic cultural institutions
- Opportunity to give back to your community, develop new skills and work with new groups of people by volunteering in your local area
Bank of America
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Hours Per Week:40
Referral Bonus Amount:0
Something looks off?