Assistant Vice President / Vice President Global Financial Crimes Product Owner and Investigator
Bank of America
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
- Working knowledge of agile development environment, preferably Product Owner Experience
- Ability to use analytics, research and other methodologies to drive business decisions, diagnose problems and recommend action plans to remediate issues, inclusive of leveraging database level tools such as SQL.
- General awareness of testing practices for user acceptance for technology changes
- Ability to prioritize business needs and properly manage tasks among competing initiatives
- Comfortable managing concurrent initiatives in a fast-paced, matrix environment
- Proficient in SQL and other analytics tools
- Experience in financial crimes is preferable
- Additional Technical/Functional Experience (e.g. Industry type): Financial Services and/or related government entity is desired
- Certifications: ACAMS – Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists or other certification would be advantageous
- Knowledge of global markets, banking and investment banking businesses, and related financial crimes risks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to analyze large amounts of data, intelligence and information in order to detect suspicious activity
- Ability to work in a high energy environment and to strict deadlines
- Be a team player, with ability to work independently
- Be able to transfer and apply relevant knowledge, experience and skills into role
What you can expect
As Product Owner, with supervision and guidance, this role is responsible for driving the delivery of technology initiatives for local Financial Crimes tools by defining and prioritizing deliverables in the product book of work and articulating this to both business stakeholders and technology development teams. This role will also be responsible for performing research to drive business decisions, diagnose problems and recommend action plans to remediate issues, inclusive of leveraging database level tools such as SQL.As a secondary function, this role will act as a Global Financial Crimes (GFC) Investigator, performing end-to-end investigations or investigations support functions of external financial crimes activities across one or more lines of business relevant to the Investigators specific area of responsibility. In the investigative role, the Investigator conducts routine to complex investigations, including fraud committed by external parties, money laundering, or terrorist financing and acts as the liaison to Law Enforcement as required.
What you will do
- With some guidance, ensure the alignment of the product with strategic direction for the business or technology domain
- This includes defining requirements/features of the product, liaising with technology teams and providing updates to management
- Complete investigations while ensuring cases meet or exceed closure and quality metrics
- Report facts of the investigation to assist in identifying potential operational or compliance risks
- Complete Suspicious Activity Reports (“SAR”) in a timely and accurate manner for submission to regulators and/or law enforcement
- Partner with GFC Management, front line units (“FLU”) or other stakeholders to resolve investigations
- Perform quality control functions, training, communications, guidance, monitoring scenario development/enhancement input and testing, or law enforcement liaison responsibilities in an investigative support role
Hours Per Week:45
Referral Bonus Amount:0