Assistant Vice President / Vice President, Infrastructure Engineer II, Mainframe zOS System Engineer, Chief Technology Organization
Bank of America
About Bank of America
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Information Technology degree and/or technology certifications preferred or substantial equivalent experience.
Required Job Skills:
• Strong understanding and possess working knowledge of IBM Mainframe z/OS operating system, control, structure, logic, security.
• Experience with IBM z/OS system and subsystem software and components with experience to support, develop and enhance tools and methodologies for managing large scale global deployment. Must be proficient with problem determination, analysis and resolution.
• Extensive understanding of IBM zEnterprise server hardware and facilities
• Strong knowledge and experience with SMP/E, JES2, JCL, ISPF dialog management, REXX.
• 7 - 15 years of experience in mainframe systems programming role.
• Experience with wide range of IBM and ISV product and vendor installation support tools
• Experience with IBM Assembler
• Experience with System Automation, Performance Monitoring, Communication Server, CICS, DB2, IMS, WMQ, Batch Scheduling, Change Management, Storage Management, ISPF dialog development HTML
What you can expect
The team is responsible for z/OS systems programming duties and part of global z/OS platform initiatives. They participate in design, development, implementation and support of z/OS systems engineering activities globally, hardware definition and support for UK and US data centers.
The Chief Technology Organization:
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
What you will do
Mainframe Services z/OS System Engineer
• The position provides technical support for Mainframe Services z/OS Platform Engineering. Participates in design, development and implementation of systems engineering activities, to include operating system technical support, systems programming and data centre capabilities. Responsible for components of complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities. Serves as a seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor. Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations.
• Responsibilities include providing problem determination and resolution, install and update newly developed software to assigned systems.
• Responsible for the operating system and associated subsystems.
• Provide system-level support of multi-user operating systems, hardware and software tools, including installation, configuration, maintenance, and support of these systems. Identify alternatives for optimising computer resources.
• Ability to investigate and analyse information and to draw conclusions.
• Collect information to analyse and evaluate existing or proposed systems.
• Research, plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade hardware and software interfaces with the operating system.
• Work as a team member with other technical staff, such as networking and storage, to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
• Write and maintain system documentation.
• Responsible for matching current technology with the needs of the company.
Hours Per Week:40
Referral Bonus Amount:0
Something looks off?