Network Security Engineer
Bank of America
Job Title: Network Security Engineer
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, growand make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
The technology areas of focus for the Data Production Services Specialist includes routing and switching, business to business connectivity, end user networks, public and private transport (SD-WAN) and emerging technologies (switched-Ethernet, LTE, etc.), corporate/branch and building networking including Wireless. Production Services Specialists are expected to be well versed in numerous networking protocols, technologies and troubleshooting methodology, including the use of proactive and reactive tools. The work is always in alignment to the current and approved Network Services Standards, Incident and Problem Management Policies & Procedures, governance and management policies set forth by the firm.
This position will interface directly with internal stakeholders and external suppliers/providers, architecture, product engineering, product management, and business management. At times, they may interface with various levels of senior management. Strong communication and problem-solving skills are a must. The candidate must be able to work on their own and successfully in team settings in various sizes and locations. Adherence and use of standards, product sets, templates, systems, and artifacts are important to the success of the individual, the department, and the firm at large. The Data Production Services Specialist will be considered a subject matter expert in their field and is expected to stay current with various technologies, organisational goals, and industry trends to drive end to end value.
• Operational Support of Data Center / DMZ routing and switching environment
o Cisco Nexus / ACI, Arista CloudVision, VMware NSX, Netscout, and Gigamon.
o Cisco Wired/Wireless LAN, Palo Alto CloudGenix (SD-WAN)
• Technical areas of focus include but are not limited to routing, switching, WAN, LAN, WLAN, SD-WAN, MPLS, business to business connectivity, and public internet
• Identify service impact, interpret monitors, dashboards, and logs
• Work with senior team members to validate impacts and communicate to internal stakeholders and leadership
• Lead production support triage efforts for network infrastructure incidents, manage bridge line troubleshooting and appropriate team engagement, engage in technical research and troubleshooting, and escalate to next level of leadership as needed
• Provide status updates and technical detail for awareness communications, ensure accuracy of all communications sent, and ensure any necessary follow-ups are scheduled
• Identify possible production failure scenarios, vulnerabilities, and opportunities for improvement, and take ownership of escalation
• Participate in the documentation of application flows, upstream/downstream impacts during outages, the customer experience in failure scenarios, contacts for various support needs and ensures appropriate documents and knowledge management sites are up to date and available for use during triage
• Responsible for data quality and completion of incident tickets, including ensuring all impacts are accurately recorded and documented in the system of record.
• Work ad-hoc reports and offline incidents at the direction of the senior team members or leadership
• Promote and enforce production governance during triage/testing and fix efforts, exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
• Adhere to design standards and global design authority processes and procedures
• Assemble professional documents based on existing templates and ability to provide accurate work descriptions with assumptions, and caveats.
What we are looking for:
• Experience with Network technologies
o WiFi Technologies – Controllers, Access Points, Management Platforms, Configuration Orchestrator, Tunneling protocols – SSL/TLS, IPSEC, GRE, Network Resiliency – HA, local and regional failover, backups, WAN/MAN, Routing, Switching, Firewalls, LAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, NAC, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, Multicast, NHRP, ATM, PPP, IPv4, IPv6, MPLS, ACL, VPN, Building Wireless/Wi-Fi solutions (802.xx) and carrier “in-building” wireless services (DAS), Radio Frequency
o Routing & Switching, Firewalls, LAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, NAC, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, Multicast, NHRP, IPv4, IPv6, MPLS, ACL, VPN
• Experience with troubleshooting complex networking problems
• Understand configuration management with tools such as Forward Networks and HPNA
• Experience using (both proactive and reactive) advanced tooling such as Netscout, Wireshark, Splunk, SevOne, HPNA, NNMI, OBM, IBM Watson, NSO, etc.
• General experience in Network Automation tools and processes
• Self-starter/self-directed, organised and detail oriented
• Strong technical acumen and analytical skills
• Excellent client interfacing skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with all levels of management
• Experience aligning actions to business impact and service restoral
• Demonstrates ownership
Skills that will help :
• Experience in Networking-related disciplines within a design, implementation, or operations role
• Relevant Industry certifications in Network Technologies
• Cloud or SDN knowledge and experience
o Experience with SDN; Cisco ACI, VMware NSX, Arista CloudVision
o Experience with SDWAN
• Experience with automation tools such as Python, Ansible, YAML or Django, API calls (to ticketing systems and network devices), and frontend web development
• Experience of working within Financial Services (Insurance, Banking, Investment banking)
• Experience with other network technologies
o WAN, MAN, LAN, Optical, Routing, Switching, Proxy/Threat Prevention, DDI, Load Balancing, and AAA
• Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Agile framework & SCRUM ceremonies
Benefits of working at Bank of America
- Private healthcare for you and your family plus an annual health screen to help you manage your physical wellness with the option to purchase a screen for your partner
- Competitive pension plan, life assurance and group income protection cover if you become unable to work as a result of a disability or health reasons
- 20 days of back-up childcare including virtual tutoring and 20 days of back-up adult care per annum
- The ability to change your core benefits as well as the option of selecting a variety of flexible benefits to suit your personal circumstances including access to a wellbeing account, travel insurance, critical illness etc
- Use of a flex fund to use towards benefits
- Access to an emotional wellbeing helpline, mental health first aiders and virtual GP services
- Ability to donate to charities of your choice directly through payroll and the bank will match your contribution
- Opportunity to access our Arts & Culture corporate membership programme and receive discounted entry to some of the UK and Ireland’s most iconic cultural institutions
- Opportunity to give back to your community, develop new skills and work with new groups of people by volunteering in your local area
Bank of America
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Hours Per Week:35
Referral Bonus Amount:0
Something looks off?