Sr. Merchant Sales Officer- Global Commercial Banking (Chicago)
Bank of America
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference.
The Sr Merchant Sales Officer (MSO) manages a portfolio of clients and prospects, providing Merchant advisory and positioning and selling solutions that address their Merchant’s processing needs. The Sr MSO proactively identifies opportunities to grow net new business to the firm, provides high level advisory to deepen relationships with existing clients by working closely with Global Commercial Banking, Global Transaction Services, and the broader Merchant organization. This individual can provide a high level of advisory to clients and translate these opportunities into incremental business for the firm.
Candidates should possess a deep understanding of the client’s commerce ecosystem and the ability to consult with them on ways to integrate and leverage our suite of solutions effectively. They will work across a matrixed coverage organization to deliver responsible growth and serve as the first point of contact for our bankers, Treasury Sales Officers, and leaders on merchant business development, advice and overall portfolio management activities. This position requires travel to in-person meetings with clients, internal partners and senior leaders within the firm. They often are facing off with the C-Suite in companies.
The role also includes all sales administration functions, including developing and maintaining a strong pipeline, pre-call planning, client needs assessments, preparation and presentation of product proposals, price/cost analysis, business reviews, submission of implementation documentation, ongoing client relationship management and contract renewals. Associates should be available to meet with clients, prospects, and teams in person to represent the firm.
• Consultative sales experience with Business Banking, Large Corporate, and/or Commercial Banking clients
• Experience within one of the five key industries across BB, GCB and GCBK: Healthcare & Colleges/Universities, Consumer & Retail, Commercial Real Estate, Media & Telecom, and General Industries
• 10 years of Core Acquiring (Credit/Debit) industry experience
• 5+ years of direct sales experience
• 5+ years of sales/portfolio management experience, including C-level sales.
• Expert knowledge of POS (integrated/standalone) payment interfaces
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Ability to cultivate and strengthen client relationships with senior business and IT staff member
• Ability to technically consult with C-level executives within client environment
• Demonstrated experience working with 3rd party VAR’s / Integrators and payment gateways
• Understanding of PC payment applications, merchant services industry applications, accounting systems, competition/competitive landscape in the payments industry, enterprise resource planning systems (ERP), data security (PCI), file formatting, and data transmissions
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision toward the achievement of personal and team goals.
• Demonstrated effective communication skills, including written, oral and presentation skills.
• Effective planning, prioritization and time management acumen.
• Ability to coach colleagues with less experience and/or knowledge, as necessary.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook, OneNote
• Ability to quickly learn various sales applications
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent preferred
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Referral Bonus Amount:0