Software Engineer- II A - GBS India
Bank of America
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Global Business Services
Global Business Services delivers Technology and Operations capabilities to Lines of Business and Staff Support Functions of Bank of America through a centrally managed, globally integrated delivery model and globally resilient operations.
Global Business Services is recognized for flawless execution, sound risk management, operational resiliency, operational excellence and innovation.
In India, we are present in five locations and operate as BA Continuum India Private Limited (BACI), a non-banking subsidiary of Bank of America Corporation and the operating company for India operations of Global Business Services.
Global Markets Technology & Operations provides end-to-end technology solutions for Global Markets businesses including Equities, Prime Brokerage, Interest Rates, Currencies, Commodities, Derivatives and Structured Products. Across all these products, solutions include architecture, design, development, change management, implementation and support using various enterprise technologies. In addition, GMT&O provides Sales, Electronic Trading, Trade Workflow, Pricing, Market Risk, Middle office, Collateral Management, Credit Risk, Post-trade confirmation, Settlement and Client service processes for Trading, Capital Markets, and Wealth Management businesses.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in challenging functional and technical changes, then Global Markets Technology is the place for you.
We follow agile management, Agile & Scrum delivery methodologies, with a focus on delivering value to our users. Test Driven Development (TDD) is the de-facto development methodology.
- Build excellent relationships across technology and user communities
- Work within a distributed Agile team
- Help product owner to prune and refine the backlog
- Contribute to functional & technical design
- Write Test driven bug free code in relevant language/packages of the application
- Coordinate with business users for User Acceptance Testing
- Continuous Integration and Development
Education – BE / MCA
Certifications If Any - NA
Experience Range* - 6 - 8 Years
- Good programming skills in Scala, Core Java/J2EE.
- Should have expertise in Multi – Threading, Algorithms, and Data Structure etc.
- Experience writing Unit Tests and Acceptance/Behavior Tests
- Experience and desire to work in an Agile environment (pair programming, daily stand-ups, etc.)
- Demonstrable knowledge of problem domain at previous employments
- Experience working in Linux/Unix environment
- Message-oriented-middleware (Kafka, AMQP, MQ, AMPS, etc.) experience
- REST API design and development
- DDD/CQRS/Event sourced systems experience
- Relevant industry (banking middle/back office) experience
- Experience in scripting languages (Bash, Python, etc)
- Experience with automated deployment technologies (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Docker, etc.)
- Experience with 3rd party Scala libraries and frameworks (Scalactic, Scalatra, Akka, RxScala, TypeLevel libraries, etc.)
- Understanding of Category Theory
Work Timings*10:30 AM -7:30 PM
Job Location* Chennai, Hyderabad