Vice President, FICC Trading, Shanghai
Bank of America
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
- Hiring FX Trader to drive the FX trading business in onshore China.
- Role involves trading and market making in CNY FX products. Should have ability to take risk, do aggressive market making to clients and be able to generate $5-8mio in trading revenues annually.
- This role sits within the front office and will be working in a dynamic and busy trading floor environment. You will cover institutional accounts and make markets in your group's particular range of products. You will be managing risk, liquidity and exposure and you will support and manage all aspects of the trading desk: pre-trade analysis, research, inbound and outbound trade processing and the design of optimal strategies for large trades. Tracking supply and demand, you constantly evaluate market developments in order to give clients accurate product information.
- Building Bank of America local markets franchise and grow our market share by developing client relationships and presenting trade ideas to clients.
- Provide a meaningful contribution to revenue and client franchise; Exploit revenue and minimize loss potential.
- Leverage technology and analytics to drive pricing/hedging as well as idea generation
- Understand market drivers (of those markets in which involved), market moves, and the numbers behind it all, as well as cross-asset implications
- Exhibit sound judgment under pressure and maintain composure through challenging trading environments
- Know the implications of events on the entire trading desk, anticipate market outcomes; Outperform the market and competition through thorough understanding of fundamental and technical aspects of market
- Understand drivers of relevant markets and establish a high degree of competence with clients around executing trades
- Engage others in active dialogue; Drive group involvement; build active collaboration with and trust of clients and internal constituencies;
- Minimum 3-5 years of trading experience in CNY FX market.
- Ability to discuss in detail your knowledge of the current market (including trends)
- Have the ability to balance analytical and technical skill set with proven instinct
- Ability to discuss in detail your understanding of the entire landscape: knowledge of the client's sector and client's specific business needs and limitations. Deep understanding of client-specific nuances and leverages that help deliver more value to clients and the firm.
- Ability to discuss in detail your understanding of the various market variables and their impacts on products (pricing, flows etc.)
- Ability to communicate concepts and ideas, both verbally and via documentation, and be able to defend their validity and target messages to different audiences.
- Ability to talk in detail your understanding of how to build a strong talent pipeline; identifies and works to retain strong performers.