Production Services Specialist II - GBS IND
Bank of America
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Global Business Services
Global Business Services delivers Technology and Operations capabilities to Lines of Business and Staff Support Functions of Bank of America through a centrally managed, globally integrated delivery model and globally resilient operations.
Global Business Services is recognized for flawless execution, sound risk management, operational resiliency, operational excellence and innovation.
In India, we are present in five locations and operate as BA Continuum India Private Limited (BACI), a non-banking subsidiary of Bank of America Corporation and the operating company for India operations of Global Business Services.
Technology Infrastructure part of the Global Technology & Operations organization consists of more than 6,600 employees worldwide. With a presence in more than 35 countries, TI designs, builds and operates end-to-end technology infrastructure solutions and manages critical systems and platforms across the bank. TI delivers industry-leading infrastructure products and services to the company’s employees, customers, and clients around the world.
Network Services is responsible for designing, building, and operating Bank of America’s global data network and managing our technology partnerships to maximize our strategic business value.
The technology areas of focus for the Transport Core Network Production Services Specialist includes primarily DWDM Optical Transport Services, along with Enterprise WAN/MAN, and Metro Ethernet. Production Services Specialists are expected to be well versed in numerous networking protocols, technologies and troubleshooting methodology, including the use of proactive and reactive tools. The work is always in alignment to the current and approved Network Services Standards, Incident and Problem Management Policies & Procedures, governance and management policies set forth by the firm.
This position will interface directly with internal stakeholders and external suppliers/providers, architecture, product engineering, product management, and business management. At times, they may interface with various levels of senior management. Strong communication and problem-solving skills are a must. The candidate must be able to work on their own and successfully in team settings in various sizes and locations. Adherence and use of standards, product sets, templates, systems, and artifacts are important to the success of the individual, the department, and the firm at large. The Production Services Specialist will be considered a subject matter expert in their field and is expected to stay current with various technologies, organizational goals, and industry trends to drive end to end value.
- Operational Support of Internal Transport Core Routing and DWDM Optical environment
- Cisco DWDM, Cisco ASR, Arista 400G platforms / CloudVision, Dark Fiber, Leased Lines
- Technical areas of focus include but are not limited to WAN routing and switching and optical transport services
- Lead production support triage efforts for network infrastructure incidents, manage bridge line troubleshooting and appropriate team engagement, engage in technical research and troubleshooting, and escalate to next level of leadership as needed
- Identify service impact, interpret monitors, dashboards, and logs; Work with senior team members to validate impacts and communicate to internal stakeholders and leadership
- Provide status updates and technical detail for awareness communications, ensure accuracy of all communications sent, and ensure any necessary follow-ups are scheduled.
- Identify possible production failure scenarios, vulnerabilities, and opportunities for improvement, and take ownership of escalation
- Participate in the documentation of application flows, upstream/downstream impacts during outages, the customer experience in failure scenarios, contacts for various support needs and ensures appropriate documents and wikis are up to date and available for use during triage
- Responsible for data quality and completion of incident tickets, including ensuring all impacts are accurately recorded and documented in the system of record.
- Work ad-hoc reports and offline incidents at the direction of the senior team members or leadership
- Promote and enforce production governance during triage/testing and fix efforts, exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Must adhere to design standards and global design authority processes and procedures.
- The ability to assemble professional documents based on existing templates and ability to provide accurate work descriptions with assumptions, and caveats.
- 4+ years of monitoring and troubleshooting DWDM (Dense wavelength-division multiplexing)
- Triaging dark fiber issues with the carriers
- Creating and updating Incident tickets
Education: Bachelor degree in Engineering or Computer Science (Master’s degree preferred)
Certifications if any: NA
Experience Range: 6+ years of experience
- Experience with Network technologies
- Core LAN/MAN/WAN Technologies – IPv4, L2VPN MPLS-E Segment Routing, ISIS Lvl2, Mulicast mLDP, BGP EIGRP QoS UDP OSPF MetroE, DWDM, Dark Fiber, Carrier Circuits Leased Line, Broadband, Direct Internet Access, Tunneling protocols (MACSEC, IPSEC SSL/TLS, GRE, DMVPN), Routers, Switches, NHRP, IPv6, ACL, VPN
- Understanding of metro, long-haul and subsea optical networking fundamentals, and industry evolution, including operational & resiliency aspects
- Experience with troubleshooting complex networking problems
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Agile framework & SCRUM ceremonies
- Understand configuration management with tools such as Forward Networks and HPNA
- Experience using (both proactive and reactive) advanced tooling; Inclusive of but not limited to SevOne, Splunk, Netscout, Wireshark, NDC, HPNA, NNMI, OBM, IBM Watson, NSO, etc.
- General experience in Network Automation tools and processes
- Self-starter/self-directed, organized and detail oriented
- Strong technical acumen and analytical skills
- Excellent client interfacing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with all levels of management
- Experience aligning actions to business impact and service restoral
- Demonstrates ownership: Is accountable and can hold others accountable (professionally)
- Experience operating with colleagues across different time zones with a flexible approach to working hours (ability to work varied hours) to successfully interact and communicate on a global level
- Experience in Networking-related disciplines within a design, implementation, or operations role
- Relevant Industry certifications in Network Technologies
- Cloud or SDN knowledge and experience
- Experience with SDN; Cisco ACI, VMware NSX, Arista CloudVision
- Experience with SDWAN, preferred if on Cloudgenix
- Experience with automation tools such as Python, Ansible, YAML or Django, API calls (to ticketing systems and network devices), and frontend web development
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience of working within Financial Services (Insurance, Banking, Investment banking)
- Experience with other network technologies
- Firewall, Proxy/Threat Prevention, DDI, Load Balancing, and AAA
Work timings: 6.30 am - 10.30 pm (9 hours rotational)
Job location: Hyderabad, Chennai