Enterprise Access Data Network Engineer- Implementation
Bank of America
Accountable for infrastructure tool and/or service designs within one or more technical domains that enable business strategies in accordance with architectural governance, standards and policies. Facilitates deployment of tools and/or services by leading other Infrastructure engineers in solution development, in addition to the development and maintenance of templates, playbooks and automation to be used during implementation. Demonstrates a high level of technical expertise within one or more technical domains. Demonstrates the ability to decompose issues or objectives into units of work that can be assigned to other team members. They advocate and advance more efficient solution delivery practices and evangelize great design, engineering and organizational practices.
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities, and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
The role of the Data Network Implementation Engineer is to provide technical implementation services to support the evolution and ongoing support of the IP Network in response to projects (all types), upgrades, service, and feature enhancements and for remediation/break-fix services. The work is always in alignment to the current and approved architectural, roadmaps, technology standards and templates, governance and change management policies set forth by the firm. While the role primarily has an implementation and validation engineering focus, a strong understanding of design engineering concepts is required.
The technology areas of focus for the role includes end user networks, public and private Network Transport and Optical systems and emerging technologies (Switched-Ethernet, LTE, etc.), Corporate/Branch and Building Networking including Wireless. Knowledge in related technology areas such as Voice and Voice over IP (VoIP) solutions is a plus. Network Appliance, Video and Unified Communications knowledge are important.
This role also provides senior networking technical support to Network Operations and partners with the Design and Architecture Engineering teams. An understanding of the role of Operations; troubleshooting practices and the use of proactive and reactive tools is important to the Data Network Implementation Engineer’s role. They must be mindful of how their role impacts the firm’s business and reputation. Concepts such as driving value, always delivering quality and understanding how their work impacts service resiliency (C&R) are important. Understanding risk and having strong decision-making skills on assessing risk to the production network is essential to the success of the Network Implementation Engineer.
This role is part of a global solutions and service delivery organization. This position will interface with several collaborators; internal and external customers/suppliers/providers; architecture, product engineering, product management, finance and business management and operations teams. At times, they may interface with various levels of senior management. Strong written, verbal and presentation skills are a must. The candidate must be able to work on their own and successfully in team settings in various sizes and locations. Adherence and use of standards, product sets, templates, systems, and artifacts are important to the success of the engineer, the department, and the firm at large.
- Candidate must understand how designs turn into Implementation; Implementations that are based upon standards and predefined strategies
- Works with Design and Architecture Engineering in a “knowledge sharing” capacity in support of the team’s adoption and successful delivery of technology (new), systems or process changes
- Plays a strong role in project delivery lifecycle management. Partners with the design Engineering team to create detailed implementation plans for all design, test and Accept criteria, Back-Out and validation plans and procedures. Adheres to project close-out practices such as asset tracking, inventories, chargeback, documentation and the related systems, tools, and process updates
- The Implementation Engineer stands between the project manager, design engineer and operations. They support initiatives as they transition between design, implementation, and operations. They are active in all phases as an SME to support, solve program and facilitates
- decision making. The goal is to help the orderly and timely execution of projects and initiatives in an optimal, strategic, and low risk way
- Role performs Q/A function prior to every implementation project. Reviews a design and understands how it is based upon standards and how it matches to the “commission” details (installation, turn-up). Any questions must be review with the Design Engineer
- Minimum of 10 to 12 years’ experience required in Data Networking-related disciplines in design, operate and implementation services
- Strong CISCO NSO experience and general experience in Network Automation tools and processes
- Design, Implementation, Support Data Center SDN; ACI/NSX, Arista CloudVision
- Design, Implementation, Support SDWAN is required, preferred if on Cloudgenix
- Design, Implementation, Support SDACCESS is required, preferred if on DNAC
- Strong skills in Scripting required; Python, Ansible, PowerShell
- Cloud or SDN knowledge and experience
- Strong Automation Skills – Expect, Rancid, REST/SOAP
- Intermediate familiarity with Splunk
- Experience in various equipment manufacturers including but not limited to CISCO, Juniper, Aruba, Cloudgenix, Fortinet, etc
- Experience in process re-engineering and work styles such as ITIL, Six Sigma, MOF/MSF, etc
- Software development experience, should think like a software developer
- Strong knowledge of Network Security
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Must demonstrate good computer skills and the use of various applications such as MS Office, MS Visio
- Ability to recognize opportunities for automation and process improvements
- Ability to assemble professional documents and artifacts
- Extensive knowledge and experience using (both reactively and productive) advanced tooling, includes but is not limited to Sniffer/wire Shark, Prognosis, Scripting, SolarWinds, HP NA/OpsWare/OpenView, etc
- Application experience with an innovation “mind-set” and how it impacts how engineering work gets done
- Voice/VoIP/UC and Video knowledge (understanding of VoIP/UC systems (i.e., Cisco CUCM, AVAYA Communications Manager, Microsoft LYNC and Skype for Business, etc.)
- Leadership: Self-starter, self-directed and shows initiative
- Coding and application design experience
- Wireless LAN: Aruba
- Crisis Management experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Focused on execution, delivery, and commitment to dates
- Can tie strategy and actions to business impact and results
- Demonstrates ownership: Is accountable and can hold others accountable (professionally)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, related field and or technical training
- Industry Certifications in CCDP, CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE
- Associated certifications JUNOS/JNCP, Cisco CCVP, and CCIP-Voice
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40