Network Service Delivery (Release & Deployment) Lead
Bank of America
Job Title: Network Service Delivery (Release & Deployment) Lead
Corporate Title: Vice President
Location: Chester or Camberley
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Find us in the city of Chester, a destination renowned for its culture, history, and beauty. Working at Bank of America Chester offers a far-reaching global career for a world-renowned organisation, whilst being ideally situated against the backdrop of the rolling North Wales hills and the banks of the serene River Dee.
Our office in Camberley, Surrey is conveniently situated to the South-West of central London. Perfectly placed for people commuting on the M3, M25 and M4, making it easy to get from Hampshire, Berkshire, London and beyond. We also run a morning and afternoon shuttle car service to the office, from both Farnborough Main and Camberley train stations.
We are seeking an experienced EMEA Network Service Delivery lead (Release and Deployment). In this role you will provide direction, support and air-cover to your team. You will seek out diverse talent, appreciate difference of outlook and prioritize developing your team’s strengths and weaknesses.
Your have a passion for getting things done and are known for leaving nothing to chance. You can spot unknown dependencies and proactively circumvent issues before they arise. You are known as a trusted partner – both within your team, to stakeholders and out to our line-of-business partners
- You will be responsible for overseeing and delivery of Change Management and Release & Deployment functions and teams for EMEA Network Services.
- You will focus on Projects in EMEA assisting the team on Technology systems infrastructure deployments, upgrades, Business Continuity testing, office relocation and restacks.
- You’ll understand the design/purpose of each application or infrastructure project, defining resource requirements to efficiently collaborate across other technology technical teams to deliver high visibility projects.
- You’ll facilitate meetings among all stakeholders/ vendors regularly and produce status update reports periodically.
- Provide forecast costing and maintain the budget throughout the project along with requisite administrative tasks.
- You will Identify, Analyze and Manage programme risks.
- You can establish good internal network of senior stakeholders ensuring communications are transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services and deliverables.
- Produce accurate and timely reporting of programme status throughout its lifecycle
- Collaborate with global peers across technology ensuring global consistency and alignment fostering the “One-Team” mentality.
- Encourage a mindset of “automate everything” either directly or indirectly via supporting tool integrations e.g., NIDM
- Provide support to continuous process improvement related to operational efficiencies, team effectiveness and new value-add services.
- You will career manage your teams - set goals, objectives and prioritize the development of team members.
What we are looking for:
Coming from a technical background, you will be well-versed in running large infrastructure deployment projects – sometimes several at the same time.
You will be the person making things happen quickly and efficiently, while also preventing issues from occurring. You have a creative mindset and are adaptive to changing conditions, with the ability to prioritize business and operational needs. You have exceptional communication skills and can gain support and influence others.
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Business partnership skills – Able to build broad-based business relationships across the organization and positively influence colleagues.
- Experience with infrastructure service management, budgeting, and expense management.
- Willing to work some irregular hours to collaborate with peers in the US.
- Comfortable working independently in a collaborative & matrixed organizational structure with the freedom to speak your mind.
- Unhappy with laborious manual processes and procedures, always looking for opportunities to drive efficiencies.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to identify gaps, challenge others with positive intent, and drive debate towards identification and remediation of underlying risks.
Benefits of working at Bank of America
- Private healthcare for you and your family plus an annual health screen to help you manage your physical wellness with the option to purchase a screen for your partner
- Competitive pension plan, life assurance and group income protection cover if you become unable to work as a result of a disability or health reasons
- 20 days of back-up childcare including virtual tutoring and 20 days of back-up adult care per annum
- The ability to change your core benefits as well as the option of selecting a variety of flexible benefits to suit your personal circumstances including access to a wellbeing account, travel insurance, critical illness etc
- Use of a flex fund to use towards benefits
- Access to an emotional wellbeing helpline, mental health first aiders and virtual GP services
- Ability to donate to charities of your choice directly through payroll and the bank will match your contribution
- Opportunity to access our Arts & Culture corporate membership programme and receive discounted entry to some of the UK and Ireland’s most iconic cultural institutions
- Opportunity to give back to your community, develop new skills and work with new groups of people by volunteering in your local area
Bank of America
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.