Vulnerability Management Innovation Lead
Bank of America
The Vulnerability Management Innovation Lead supports all Vulnerability Analysis (VA) & rating activities by leveraging analytical and technical skills to provide guidance and leadership to modernize the VA program. As a key leader and team member you will provide comprehensive solutions to complex problems, lead major projects, and influence the strategic direction of the organization. To be successful in this role the candidate will need to be an effective communicator frequently switching between technical & non-technical partners. Candidates will need to be able to influence partners to deliver changes. This person should be able to work with limited direction and effectively bring people together to design and implement solutions.
• 7+ years’ experience in cyber security
• Experience in vulnerability management or a similar role
• Ability to work independently on initiatives with little oversight
• Ability to proactively anticipate problems and execute solutions at a strategic level
• Excellent analytical skills/problem solving/conceptual thinking
• Understanding of risk assessment methodologies
• Knowledge of vulnerability attack methods, exploit results, attack chains
• Knowledge of industry standard scoring models such as CVSS, CCSS
• Knowledge of industry standard data models such as CPE and data normalization tools
• Must be able to critically examine an organization and application through the perspective of a threat actor and articulate risk in clear, precise terms to technical and non-technical audience.
• Leveraging NIST SP-800 (specifically 800-30) for prioritizing risk
• Operationalizing MITRE Attack & TTPs in vulnerability prioritization
• Experience conducting vulnerability assessments, code reviews and penetration tests against system and application technologies, services, platforms and languages to find flaws and exploits (e.g., SQL Injection, Cross-Site Scripting, Cross-Site Request Forgery, Clickjacking, Authentication/Authorization, Privilege Escalation, Business Logic Bypass)
• Strong familiarity with OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities, SANS 25, MITRE, and CWEs
• Experience in conducting vulnerability scans.
• Experience in performing data analytics to communicate impact analysis of process changes
• Operationalizing predictive scoring (EPSS) in vulnerability management
Enterprise Role Overview - Leads the analysis, implementation, execution and improvement of proactive security controls to prevent external threat actors from infiltrating company information or systems. Conducts research and provides leadership updates regarding advanced attempts/efforts to compromise security protocols. Maintains or reviews security systems and assesses security policies that control access to systems. Provides status updates and recommendations to the leadership team regarding the impact of theft, destruction, alteration or denial of access to information. Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data. Typically has 5-10 years of relevant experience and will act as an individual contributor.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40