Senior Operations Control Manager
Bank of America
Job Title: Senior Operations Control Manager
Corporate Title: Director
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities, and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Find us at our Central Park office, Leopardstown, where you will find our state-of-the-art facilities based in Dublin’s premium business park. With an onsite gym, staff restaurant and coffee shop, all your daily needs are conveniently catered for. There are also a range of travel options available to staff, including the LUAS network and the Central Park shuttle service between Dublin City Centre and Central Park, which means getting to work has never been so easy.
We are looking for a Senior Operations Control Manager to act as a Regional Lead for EMEA covering and overseeing reference data for account, legal entity, and product data functions. You will be the primary point of escalation for critical and time sensitive functions, supporting multiple lines of business within Global Markets, and interacting with stakeholders across Operations, Front Office, Technology, and other key functions. You will also lead the identification and implementation of continuous process improvements and risk mitigation actions and therefore ability to understand complex issues and identify creative solutions is essential. A successful candidate will manage both the local EMEA-based team, as well as have oversight for the India-based support functions.
- You will oversee a multi-disciplinary regional function within a global organization to support critical firm and client activity.
- You will be the primary escalation point across the regional for Reference Data Management
- You will represent the EMEA team in both regional and global forums within Operations.
- You will drive the identification and implementation of continuous process improvement, strategic change, and risk remediation opportunities.
- You will act as the regional representative for global initiatives to provide best in class service to stakeholders and improve processes, controls, and functions.
- You will support regional associate development and career progression across Bank of America
What we are looking for:
- You will have the ability to mentor a team as well as create meaningful and productive relationships with stakeholders across all functions and organizational lines / levels.
- You will have a successful track record of people management and a proven ability to guide a team, inclusive of defining and delivering on objectives, celebrating successes, facilitating innovation, and leading transformation.
- You will have knowledge of Global Markets lines of business.
- You will have the ability to work under pressure to identify creative solutions to problems as well as defining long term strategic plans.
- You will be self-motivated and passionate about continuously learning how processes work and how to improve them.
- You will have excellent communications skills with the ability to influence others and navigate potentially difficult conversations.
- You will have the ability to synthesize data to tell a story and craft recommendations to an audience, both within and outside of the team.
Skills that will help:
- Intellectual curiosity, passion, and self-motivation
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Risk management awareness
- Highest degree of integrity / ethical standards and sound judgment
Benefits of working at Bank of America
- Private healthcare for you and your family plus an annual health screen to help you manage your physical wellness with the option to purchase a screen for your partner
- Competitive pension plan, life assurance and group income protection cover if you become unable to work because of a disability or health reasons
- 20 days of back-up childcare including virtual tutoring and 20 days of adult-care per annum
- Ability to change your core benefits as well as the option of selecting a variety of flexible benefits to suit your personal circumstances including access to a wellbeing account, travel insurance, specified illness cover etc
- Use of a flex fund to use towards benefits
- Access to free counselling through an Employee Assistance Programme and virtual GP services
- Opportunity to donate to charities of your choice directly through payroll and the bank will match your contribution
- Opportunity to join our Arts & Culture corporate membership programme and receive discounted entry to some of the UK and Ireland’s most iconic cultural institutions
- Opportunity to give back to your community, develop new skills and work with new groups of people by volunteering in your local area
Bank of America
Good conduct and sound judgment are crucial to our long-term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependents, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications, and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.