Consumer Product Strategic Analyst IV
Bank of America
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Job Description Summary:
Responsible for performing complex analysis aimed at improving portfolio risk, profitability, performance forecasting and operational performance for consumer products and the related divisions such as credit cards. While this position has no direct people management responsibilities, it does require the ability to interact with business partners both within and external to the department. This position requires being the subject matter expert on multiple business-related and technical-related topics and an ability to independently drive strategic improvements. Key functions involve owning asset quality monitoring, identifying business trends based on economic and portfolio conditions, and executing strategic enhancements. Responsible for conducting interviews, training, Card Strategy Management / Consumer Product Analysts, and mentoring less tenured analysts. Communicates business trends creates financial assessments and interprets risk analytics for senior management. Proven experience at developing technical skills of their team. Detailed knowledge of SAS / SQL, financial statements, and business processes preferred. Sound knowledge of SAS / SQL, financial statements, and business processes preferred. 5+ years Strategic Analysis experience preferred
The Loss Forecasting candidate will lead efforts to rebuild the 1st and 3rd party fraud loss forecasts, provide loss performance updates and commentary for loss packages, outline and communicate the drivers of the forecasts, and partner with key stakeholders to understand recent trends, initiatives, and issues that impact the forecasts. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
▪ Provide short and long term loss forecasting in addition to analysis on both historical and projected 1st and 3rd party fraud loss performance
▪ Responsible for developing, evaluating, and recommending new methods to improve forecasting accuracy.
▪ Develop/build fraud forecast models leveraging inputs and drivers to improve accuracy
▪ Ability to interpret financial results extracting trends to provide valuable insights to the business and Senior Management
▪ Assist in providing ongoing financial support to the product and loss finance teams
▪ Identify and lead initiatives to continuously improve, automate, and scale forecasting processes and methodologies
▪ Partner /Collaborate with finance and key stakeholders on the communication of forecast drivers, impacts, loss performance, and reconciliation
▪Prepare, distribute, and consolidate weekly, monthly, quarterly fraud loss packages
▪ Identify and implement improvements with recurring monthly reporting and adhere to all deadlines
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills with demonstrated ability in using data and metrics to identify root causes
- Basic understanding of 1st and 3rd party fraud (claims to charge-off timing, chargeback recovery rights, etc.)
- Proven strong analytical and communication skills
- Experience leading teams
- Strong financial knowledge and understanding of fraud loss drivers
- Strong knowledge of programming language (i.e. SAS or SQL) and experience with e-Ledger and Enterprise GL tools (EPM)
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics (or related discipline)
- MBA or graduate level work in finance, accounting, and/or business management is preferred
- 5+ years of fraud experience and/or 5+ years of analytical /financial experience (Payment card /Retail Bank Finance background preferred)
- Outstanding quantitative, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Confidence with finance and accounting concepts
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with others, demonstrate leadership, and possess strong interpersonal skills
- Ability communicate and interact with a high degree of professionalism with executive level personnel across the business
- Ability to present, lead, support, and influence senior management and business stakeholders
- Innovation mindset with the ability to challenge the status quo
- Leadership and management skills, including development of teams and individuals
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to proactively identify, analyze, and improve upon existing processes for optimization and to meet deadlines
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40