Global Financial Crimes Investigator
Bank of America
Job Title: Financial Crimes Investigator
Corporate Title: up to VP
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Overlooking the spectacular Iveagh Gardens with access to all amenities in the beating heart of central Dublin is our Park Place office. Travel options include the LUAS, Dublin Bus networks as well as the Dublin Bikes station, positioned just outside our front doors. As part of our commitment to supporting staff travel to and from work in the most sustainable way possible, we also provide tax saver tickets as part of our award-winning benefits package which means getting to work has never been easier.
You will join a diverse global team with teammates located in the US, EMEA and APAC regions. The team is collaborative, highly supportive of one another, hold each other accountable and are eager to learn.
In this role you will perform end-to-end investigations or investigations support functions of external financial crimes activities across one or more lines of business relevant to the Investigators specific area of responsibility. In the investigative role, the Investigator conducts routine to complex investigations, including fraud committed by external parties, money laundering, or terrorist financing and acts as the liaison to Law Enforcement as required.
- Completing investigations while ensuring cases meet or exceed closure and quality metrics;
- Reporting facts of the investigation to assist in identifying potential operational or compliance risks;
- Completing Suspicious Activity Reports (“SAR”) in a timely and accurate manner for submission to regulators and/or law enforcement;
- Partnering with GFC Management, front line units or other stakeholders to resolve investigations;
- Performing quality control functions, training, communications, guidance, monitoring scenario development/enhancement input and testing, or law enforcement liaison responsibilities in an investigative support role.
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrable experience in a financial crimes role
- Knowledge of global markets, banking and investment banking businesses, and related financial crimes risks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to analyze large amounts of data, intelligence and information in order to detect suspicious activity
- Ability to work in a high energy environment and to strict deadlines
- Be a team player, with ability to work independently
- Be able to transfer and apply relevant knowledge, experience and skills into role
Skills that will help:
- Technical/Functional Experience (e.g. Industry type): Financial Services and/or related government entity is desired
- Certifications: ACAMS – Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists or other certification would be advantageous
Benefits of working at Bank of America:
- Private healthcare for you and your family plus an annual health screen to help you manage your physical wellness with the option to purchase a screen for your partner
- Competitive pension plan, life assurance and group income protection cover if you become unable to work as a result of a disability or health reasons
- 20 days of back-up childcare and 20 days of back-up adult care per annum
- The ability to change your core benefits as well as the option of selecting a variety of flexible benefits to suit your personal circumstances including access to a wellbeing account, travel insurance, critical illness etc.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for confidential support and help for everyday matters
- Access to free counselling through the Employee Assistance Program and virtual GP services through our private health care plan
- Ability to donate to charities of your choice and the bank will match your contribution
- Opportunity to access our Arts & Culture corporate membership program and receive discounted entry to some of Ireland’s most iconic cultural institutions and exhibitions.
- Opportunity to give back to your community, develop new skills and work with new groups of people by volunteering in your local community.
Bank of America:
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, membership of the Traveller community, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, civil status, socio-economic background, family status or physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.