Compliance and Operational Risk Specialist
Bank of America
Job Title: Compliance and Operational Risk Specialist (Operations coverage)
Corporate Title: up to Vice President
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Our London office is based just a stone’s throw from the magnificent St. Paul’s Cathedral on bustling King Edward Street. Here you’ll find modern workspaces and a state-of-the-art auditorium space. In addition, we’re proud to host an onsite restaurant that shares our commitment to sustainability by providing delicious seasonal menus which have been created with the planet in mind. Make sure to take time for yourself and head up to our rooftop terrace and take in the spectacular views across London. Finally, your physical wellness is well-catered for with our onsite gym facilities and medical centre.
The team is responsible for Compliance & Operational Risk coverage for Global Operations in EMEA. The team operates in a highly technical, fast-changing and dynamic environment with an excellent culture of growth, learning and development. By joining this team, you will gain exposure to colleagues and senior managers in Global Markets (in particular FICC and Equities), Operations, Technology, Risk, Legal and Audit, both within the region and globally.
Working as part of the Global Compliance & Operational Risk (COR) team responsible for independent oversight of Global Operations in EMEA you will be responsible for execution of the Compliance & Operational Risk Management Program with respect to Global Operations (GO).
- Providing independent review & challenge of compliance with legislative obligations, primarily focussed on BofAEurope for the EU, and more broadly supporting across the EMEA region, related to the Global Markets Operations activities, supporting the regional legal entities.
- Understanding and ensuring adherence to the Enterprise Compliance Program, across all elements of the wheel.
- Promoting discussion with LOB, Operations and Change Management, with respect to BAU and change related Operational activities.
- Ongoing identification of compliance and regulatory risks resulting from business discussions.
- Representing Compliance on selected LOB Operations change initiatives, providing advice against regulations.
- Contributing to scheduled and periodic reporting.
- Documenting & updating procedures.
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrable experience in global markets Operations
- Experience in 1st or 2nd line operational risk
- Logical thinker with excellent technical skills
- A flexible and solution oriented perspective, and a determination and desire to find answers to complex issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
Benefits of working at Bank of America:
- Private healthcare for you and your family plus an annual health screen to help you manage your physical wellness with the option to purchase a screen for your partner
- Competitive pension plan, life assurance and group income protection cover if you become unable to work as a result of a disability or health reasons
- 20 days of back-up childcare including access to school holiday clubs and 20 days of back-up adult care per annum
- The ability to change your core benefits as well as the option of selecting a variety of flexible benefits to suit your personal circumstances including access to a wellbeing account, travel insurance, critical illness etc.
- Access to an emotional wellbeing helpline, mental health first aiders and virtual GP services.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for confidential support and help for everyday matters
- Ability to donate to charities of your choice directly through payroll and the bank will match your contribution
- Opportunity to access our Arts & Culture corporate membership program and receive discounted entry to some of the UK’s most iconic cultural institutions and exhibitions.
- Opportunity to give back to your community, develop new skills and work with new groups of people by volunteering in your local community.
Bank of America:
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, gender identity or gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, socio-economic background, responsibility for dependants or physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.