Corporate Credit Officer, Vice President
Bank of America
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities, and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
We are looking for a Credit Officer to join our team based in either Zurich. The Credit Officer will manage all credit aspects for their assigned portfolio, crafting value added solutions whilst balancing risk.
You will be joining the Switzerland Corporate Credit team based in Zurich which is focused on managing and delivering credit relationships for corporate clients across Switzerland.
- You will develop and maintain a deep understanding of the Global Banking & Markets product spectrum.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the portfolio at the client, industry, and macro level to assess risk and craft value added solutions that balance risk.
- Independently assess the credit worthiness, including due diligence of prospective borrowers and/or trading counterparties and establish appropriate terms and conditions to mitigate risk.
- Structure transactions and negotiate credit documentation including; credit agreements, amendments, derivative documentation.
- Ensuring granularity of the portfolio with specific reference to targets for net country/credit capital, legally binding commitments, total exposure and asset quality.
- Establish appropriate internal risk ratings for clients and implement accurate adjustments throughout the client’s credit life cycle.
- Develop, maintain, and manage internal relationships with business partners including Corporate and Investment Bankers, Sales & Trading, Risk Management, Syndications, and Legal.
What we are looking for:
- Understanding of credit, risk judgment and ability to defend rigorously a fact-based point of view.
- Knowledge of EMEA and Swiss market and specific industry sectors, structuring and documentation.
- Strong Corporate Finance perspective and drives deal selection, screening, and transaction management process.
- Accomplished negotiator with strong foundation in relative value assessment and risk mitigation techniques.
- Understanding of credit risk sensitivities in the portfolio and risk drivers of the exposures.
- Sound product/technical and process knowledge across lending and derivative (FX, rates, commodities, and equities) products.
- Ensuring that the portfolio and credit management process are at all times rated "satisfactory" by internal auditors, the Credit Review group and external Regulators.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with ability to resolve issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Acting as an agent of change/improvement, influencing corporate policy/procedure and projecting a positive strategic vision.
- Commercial mindset to support value added discussions with the clients and Relationship Managers.
- Extensive credit risk experience at a major international financial institution, analysing, assessing companies in different sectors and structuring transactions.
- Fluency in use of all Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel.
Bank of America
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.