Risk Management Manager
Bank of America
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
This job is responsible for providing risk oversight and advice to the Line of Business (LOB) on risk management issues. Key responsibilities include identifying risks to which the LOB is exposed, implementing measures to prevent and mitigate losses, and monitoring risk outcomes. Job expectations may include the ability to recognize all risk categories including credit, market, operational and compliance, as well as directing risk staff or participating in establish risk management procedures and standards.
Provides counsel to business unit managers on risk management issues. Identifies risks to which the LOB is exposed, implements measures to prevent, eliminate or mitigate losses, and monitors outcomes/risk levels. Ability to recognize all risk categories including credit, market, operational and compliance and bringing appropriate risk expertise as needed. Accountable for conducting execution of risk framework activities including, but not limited to, independent monitoring and testing of controls and risk developing approval procedures and guidelines on risk limits by type of product and/or transaction, and in establishing management processes for the LOB. May direct risk staff or participate in establishing risk management procedures and standards, developing risk management analyses and reports, d administrative procedures to ensure adherence to policies.
- Participates in establishing risk management procedures and standards
- Conducts execution of risk framework activities including independent monitoring and testing of controls and risk management processes for the Line of Business (LOB)
- Liaisons with businesses to understand market trends and impacts on portfolio, using knowledge of stress testing and its applicability to risk categories
- Ensures adherence to the policies and procedures established by the company
- Manages risk requests, breach remediations and providing risk effective challenges for front line units
- Develops risk management analyses, reports, and approval procedures and guidelines on risk limits by type of product and/or transaction
- Primary accountability for management and development of team reporting.
- Design and implement Tableau reports and dashboards for use by management in day-to-day operations.
- Manage report inventory and distribution, triaging issues, and delays in a timely manner.
- Able to convert report data into business presentations for circulation amongst senior leaders.
- Analytical Thinking
- Critical Thinking
- Liquidity Management
- Oral Communications
- Portfolio Analysis
- Presentation Skills
- Written Communications
- Issues Management
Required Skills/ Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in report development
- Proficiency with Tableau, SQL, Excel Pivot table/Chart and PowerPoint
- Strong reporting and data analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to independently develop logic to extract, analyze, and merge data from disparate systems.
- Attention to detail and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong personal drive, individual initiative, a sense of urgency, and responsiveness, with a desire to grow, learn, and take on increasing levels of responsibility.
- Self-starter with excellent anticipation skills; problem solving; follow up.
- Proven process design and project management skills.
- Knowledgeable of Bank of America’s business lines, operations, organizational structure, senior executives, etc.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40