Business Support Manager, Vice President/Director
Bank of America
Job Title: Business Support Manager
We are seeking a driven, self-motivated, energetic individual to join the FICC COO team within Global Markets. Candidate will be part of the EMEA FICC COO team and will support key processes including business coverage strategies, client life-cycle workflow, regulatory implementation, performance reporting and technology related improvements. You will gain exposure to products across different asset classes and broader EMEA FICC business through driving product specific processes. The role will focus on driving a collaborative culture in pursuit of improving strategic deliverables in support of the EMEA FICC franchise.
- This seat in partnership with the Front Line Unit (“FLU”) has a focus on executing business strategy, implementation of regulatory deliverables, reducing risk, tracking, and analyzing performance, remediating operational inefficiency, governance across all entities, expense management and support senior management in this capacity
- Assist in identifying client opportunities, tracking and analyze performance, driving product / platform enhancement in partnership with Sales, Trading and other business control functions such as Business Controls, Technology, Operations, Legal and Compliance, Risk etc
- Represent as delegate for the FLU for management routines, targeted risk assessments, internal audits, regulatory inspections and remediation activities
- Coordinate with enterprise control functions (e.g. Global Compliance and Operational Risk (GCOR), Finance, Business Controls, Technology and Operations ) to help ensure the businesses in the region run effectively and within the requirements of the regional control policies, regulatory requirements and the risk framework
- Collaborate with the Sales and Trading Management, Business Controls and GCOR to ensure we have sufficient governance in place for EMEA FICC LOBs
- Participate in ad-hoc projects related to EMEA and Global FICC COO teams
- Proven financial services or related experience required
- Communication/ interpersonal – excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to influence business leaders, and ability to build and maintain relationships across organization
- Sound analytical skills and ability to quickly assimilate facts and adjust to changing conditions
- Problem solving– solid critical thinking and attention to details; able to synthesize large amount of data and formulate appropriate conclusions
- Identifying control deficiencies plus developing timely and sustainable solutions
- Ability to quickly develop subject matter expertise across a broad spectrum of topics
- Project management experience or aptitude will contribute to success along with attention to details and willingness to dig into the details
- Independent drive – flexible, adaptable to shifting priorities; manages competing priorities to achieve the most effective result and able to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment
- Robust MIS and presentation skills with advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Knowledge of Markets products a plus
Benefits of working at Bank of America:
- Private healthcare for you and your family plus an annual health screen to help you manage your physical wellness with the option to purchase a screen for your partner
- Competitive pension plan, life assurance and group income protection cover if you become unable to work as a result of a disability or health reasons
- 20 days of back-up childcare including access to school holiday clubs and 20 days of back-up adult care per annum
- The ability to change your core benefits as well as the option of selecting a variety of flexible benefits to suit your personal circumstances including access to a wellbeing account, travel insurance, critical illness etc.
- Access to an emotional wellbeing helpline, mental health first aiders and virtual GP services.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for confidential support and help for everyday matters
- Ability to donate to charities of your choice directly through payroll and the bank will match your contribution
- Opportunity to access our Arts & Culture corporate membership program and receive discounted entry to some of the UK’s most iconic cultural institutions and exhibitions.
- Opportunity to give back to your community, develop new skills and work with new groups of people by volunteering in your local community.
Bank of America:
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, gender identity or gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, socio-economic background, responsibility for dependants or physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Our London office is based just a stone’s throw from the magnificent St. Paul’s Cathedral on bustling King Edward Street. Here you’ll find modern workspaces and a state-of-the-art auditorium space. In addition, we’re proud to host an onsite restaurant that shares our commitment to sustainability by providing delicious seasonal menus which have been created with the planet in mind. Make sure to take time for yourself and head up to our rooftop terrace and take in the spectacular views across London. Finally, your physical wellness is well-catered for with our onsite gym facilities and medical centre.