Bank of America
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Global Business Services
Global Business Services delivers Technology and Operations capabilities to Lines of Business and Staff Support Functions of Bank of America through a centrally managed, globally integrated delivery model and globally resilient operations.
Global Business Services is recognized for flawless execution, sound risk management, operational resiliency, operational excellence and innovation.
In India, we are present in five locations and operate as BA Continuum India Private Limited (BACI), a non-banking subsidiary of Bank of America Corporation and the operating company for India operations of Global Business Services.
Building out Strategies, Analytics & Process Integration team in India driving improved fraud detection & loss reduction
Job Description *
Individual will be closely working with in Strategies, Analytics & Process Integration team in India driving improved fraud detection & loss reduction.
In this role, you will be expected to work with our lead data scientist and the team executive as well as our internal analytics, technology, product, and policy partners to deploy advanced analytical solutions with the goal of reducing fraud losses, reducing false positive declines at the point-of-sale, improving client experience, and ensuring the Bank minimizes its total cost of fraud. Some tasks that this role may be responsible for include (but are not limited to):
- Advanced-level experience developing modular solutions in Spark, PySpark and Hive
- Proven understanding of Hadoop, Hive, HBase and hands-on experience in HiveQl.
- Strong SQL skills with commensurate experience in a large database platform
- Hands on experience with YARN & Spark with relevant experience is fine tuning & optimizing SPARK applications.
- Knowledge of workflow/schedulers like Oozie, CronTab.
- Experience in data management solutions architecture, development, and deployment
- A strong willingness to learn new technologies and ability to think critically
- Robotic process automation to reduce the need for manual, repeatable processes
- In addition, the role will be expected to work with the lead data scientist and the team executive and stakeholders to help develop the data strategy for client protection to ensure the organization has the proper data to make the right decisions, with a priority on data availability in real-time, and generating true customer-level views able to make intelligent fraud decisions leveraging the entirety of our interactions with a customer.
• Education – o Advanced degree, preferably in Applied Sciences, Engineering from a premier institute
o Technical certifications in Spark, SQL, Python preferred.
- Experience – 3- 8 years of relevant experience in field of big data analytics
- Hive, PySpark, SQL, data analytics and Python
- U.S financial services experience preferable
- Understanding of business domains like Fraud/Compliance/Risk preferable.
Foundational skills –
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as mathematics, engineering, economics, finance, business, computer science. Master’s degree or higher preferred. In lieu of a specific degree, advanced certifications in combination with strong experience will also be considered.
- The candidate must be at an advanced to expert level on SQL/Hive on large data platforms
- Must have 3-12 years of relevant experience of working in big data environment including 2 + years in analytics, with preference working in financial services. Strong preference to experience in fraud or cybersecurity.
- Candidate must have a proven track record of building and deploying analytical solutions that have resulted in material financial results and extensive management experience. Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment is critical. Must have exceptional organizational, project management and communications skills.
Desired skills –
- Solid knowledge of Hive or Spark and various commercial and model generation software. Should additionally have familiarity with other tools such as SAS, Impala, and other data gathering tools.
Shift Timings : 11 30 AM to 8 30 pm
Location: Mumbai / GIFT/ Hyd