Bank of America
Our Cyber Threat Hunting, Intelligence & Defense team within Bank of America’s Cyber Threat Defense function works to continuously strengthen the bank’s cyber security posture through research, threat simulations, threat hunting, and offensive security engagements. This team works with partners throughout the bank to both discover and develop mitigations from threats to help secure a critical infrastructure around the world that interacts with millions of customers.
The position of Threat Hunter is responsible for analyzing and correlating large data sets to uncover novel threats and attack techniques that may be present within the bank’s environments. A Threat Hunter also will be tasked with and collaborating with data science, threat research, and cyber defense control teams to identify opportunities to develop analytical methods to detect advanced threat actors who utilize emerging tactics and techniques. In support of these processes, the role will also include developing and documenting new and innovative threat hunt hypotheses to increase the team’s ability to find existing threats that are otherwise going unidentified or unnoticed.
The role will work with all Cyber Defense operational and technical teams within Global Information Security (GIS) to gain insight into critical security controls and architectural specifics to develop valuable hunt strategies and analytics that identify malicious behavior accurately while maintaining a low false positive rate. This role advises on and reviews product assessments, policy adjustments, and architectural transformations that impact the global Corporation, and will be a thought leader in the design of cutting-edge detective, preventative, and proactive controls.
• 5+ years of experience in a technical role in the areas of Security Operation, Incident Response, Detection Engineering, Offensive Security/Red Team, or Cyber Threat Intelligence.
• Experience analyzing system, network, and application logging for attack techniques at all stages of the cyber kill chain.
• Direct experience working with very large datasets and log analysis tools including but not limited to: Splunk, Python, Pandas, SQL, Hadoop, Hue.
• Experience consuming and analyzing Cyber Threat Intelligence for actionable takeaways
• Ability to see the larger picture when dealing with competing requirements and needs from across the organization in order to build consensus and drive results.
• Ability to navigate and work effectively across a complex, geographically dispersed organization.
Beneficial but not required:
• Experience with more than one or more enterprise scale EDR and SIEM tool.
• Demonstrated ability to self-direct, with minimal supervision to achieve assigned goals.
• Experience with offensive security tools such as Cobalt Strike/Metasploit, techniques such as OSINT, and the methods used to compromise large enterprise networks.
• Previous experience performing digital forensics or indecent response on major security incidents.
This job will be open and accepting applications for a minimum of seven days from the date it was posted.
Enterprise Role Overview - Analyzes, improves, implements, and executes security controls proactively to prevent external threat actors from infiltrating company information or systems. Researches more advanced and complex attempts/efforts to compromise security protocols. Maintains or reviews security systems, assesses security policies that control access to systems, and provides regular status updates to the management team. Typically has 5-10 years of relevant experience and will act as an individual contributor.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40