Wealth Management Specialist - NPD
Bank of America
Merrill Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals, companies, and institutions. Merrill Wealth Management is one of the largest businesses of its kind in the world specializing in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance.
The Elite Growth Practice (EGP) Business Manager role is a position on the Financial Advisor Team which operates in a capacity to further develop and service the client base. They are responsible for implementing and executing the Elite Growth Practice Model (EGP) in their specific functional role. Specific accountabilities for the role may vary depending on the teams practice. Performance is measured through specific goals, metrics and behavior’s related to the execution of the EGP model. This position is subject to SAFE Act registration requirements
The Elite Growth Practice (EGP) Business Manager position may be filled at a Trainee, Specialist or Senior level depending on experience of the candidate and needs of the Financial Advisor Team. The Trainee is a non-exempt position for a hire lacking required security licenses and/or designation. This position allows the individual to become fully licensed and achieve the appropriate designations required for the position. If Series 7 and 66 (or 63 & 65) licenses and approved designation are not currently held, must be obtained within a specified timeframe to be eligible for Specialist position.
The Business Manager role is a key contributor to a Financial Advisor team in creating strategy and ensuring execution related to multiple metrics and priorities across the team’s business plan and goal deliverables. Helps manage the team’s business plan and practice financials. Tracks progress with quantifiable business and activity goals and ensures team daily activities aligns with practice metrics, goals and objectives. Coordinates team assignments, projects and key initiatives, and ensures execution of team’s client service strategy. Requires a thorough knowledge of the Merrill Lynch Wealth Management business functional area and products. Requires a working knowledge of general bank policies, programs and procedures and financial/accounting practices.
- Create and manage team routines (e.g. regular team meetings. communications, team calendars
- Conduct team meetings to drive business plan execution
- Establish an agreed upon team scorecard and revisit regularly to ensure accountability
- Create scale and capacity through operational efficiencies and available technology
- Coordinate and help prioritize work assignments across team to ensure completion
- Oversee execution of client service strategy and client review processes
- Track team performance against goals and prior year performance, including identifying key opportunities and success on key programs
- Establish budget and manage expenses regularly, including Business Development Account (BDA)
- Assist with the sourcing, assessing, and onboarding of new talent; and the off boarding of transitioning talent
- Series 7, 63/65 or 66 or equivalent; must obtain all state registrations in support of Financial Advisor(s) and Advisor Team(s) If Series 7, 63/65 or 66 or equivalent are not currently held, must be obtained within a specified timeframe to be eligible for Specialist position.
- SAFE ACT Registration
- Individuals in this role are required to maintain a Form ADV -2B, which provides clients details on individuals experience and educational background, along with other requirements governed by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”)
- Obtain and/or maintain at least one firm approved designation
- Strong leadership abilities, communication and delegation skills
- Understanding of how to deliver a strong overall client experience
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the suite of Wealth Management products and services
- Proven ability to manage risk and make sound decisions by having a deep understanding of industry regulations, supervisory requirements, and policies/procedures
- Strong analytical skills with ability to identify trends, root cause and effects, and implement improved processes to increase growth and mitigate risk
- Ability to influence and demonstrate strong and effective leadership through clear communication and collaboration with other partners to make sound decisions with courage and conviction; demonstrated ability to influence to the desired outcome, without direct authority
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:37.5