Consumer Investments - Investment Specialist Trainee (Obtain SIE Series 7 66)
Bank of America
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being. Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization. Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
This job is responsible for providing phone-based services to relationship jobs where the representative is expected to take several inbound service calls daily to solve for financial needs. Key responsibilities include deepening relationships by referring clients to specialized sales teams and serving as a central entry point into a fully licensed financial services career. Job expectations include managing products, trading in self-directed accounts, and maintaining knowledge on chat functionality and a wide variety of products.
This role is responsible for phone-based service to relationship role where the representative is expected to take 20 to 30 inbound service calls daily to solve for financial needs. These individuals are trained on managed products, trading in self- directed accounts, chat functionality and 529 products over a 12-month timeframe. During these interactions with our clients, these individuals will have opportunities to deepen relationships by referring clients to specialized sales teams. The role acts as a central entry point into a fully licensed financial services career.
An Investment Specialist Trainee (responsibilities):
• Identifies clients’ needs and find proper solutions to meet those needs by referring sales opportunities to specialist and sales teams
• Receives training through the licensing/study program, ultimately earning SIE, S7 and S66 certifications
• Focuses daily on service to sales with existing Merrill clients
• Provides exceptional client care, growing client relationships, and guiding clients with needs-based solutions that will support their financial goals
You’re the kind of person that (required skills):
• Is client-focused with a passion for excellence and a positive team attitude.
• Is self-motivated, goal-oriented, and has the ability to multitask in a fast moving, performance –based environment.
• Has the ability to identify clients’ needs and find proper solutions to meet those needs by referring sales opportunities to specialist and sales teams.
• Is an effective communicator with an aptitude for sales and relationship management
• Has strong computer skills
• Is prepared to pass licensing exams – Security Industry Essentials (SIE) and Series 7 and Series 66.
• Wants to establish a long-term career in the financial services industry at a fast-growing company that rewards hard work and dedication.
• Is ambitious, disciplined, hardworking, resilient and willing to learn.
You’ll be even more prepared if you have (desired skills):
• A bachelor’s degree, or 1-2 years of experience in a performance-based environment.
• The Security Industry Essentials (SIE) or other financial services licenses and interest in pursuing the Series 7, and/or the Series 66 licenses.
• Leadership capabilities.
Skills Used in this Role:
• Establishing Trust
• Customer Service
• Overcoming Objections
• Risk Management
• Critical Thinking
• Conflict Resolution
• Building Rapport
• Active Listening
• Customer Focus
• Analytical Thinking
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40