Infrastructure Engineer II - GBS IND
Bank of America
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Global Business Services
Global Business Services delivers Technology and Operations capabilities to Lines of Business and Staff Support Functions of Bank of America through a centrally managed, globally integrated delivery model and globally resilient operations.
Global Business Services is recognized for flawless execution, sound risk management, operational resiliency, operational excellence and innovation.
In India, we are present in five locations and operate as BA Continuum India Private Limited (BACI), a non-banking subsidiary of Bank of America Corporation and the operating company for India operations of Global Business Services.
Technology Infrastructure Production Support, part of the Global Technology & Operations organization, consists of more than 6,600 employees worldwide. With a presence in more than 35 countries, TI designs, builds and operates end-to-end technology infrastructure solutions and manages critical systems and platforms across the bank. TI delivers industry-leading infrastructure products and services to the company’s employees, customers and clients around the world
The technology areas of focus for the Data Center / DMZ Production Services Specialist includes routing and switching, business to business connectivity, and emerging technologies such as Software Defined Networking. Production Services Specialists are expected to be well versed in numerous networking protocols, technologies and troubleshooting methodology, including the use of proactive and reactive tools. The work is always in alignment to the current and approved Network Services Standards, Incident and Problem Management Policies & Procedures, governance and management policies set forth by the firm.
This position will interface directly with internal stakeholders and external suppliers/providers, architecture, product engineering, product management, and business management. At times, they may interface with various levels of senior management. Strong communication and problem-solving skills are a must. The candidate must be able to work on their own and successfully in team settings in various sizes and locations. Adherence and use of standards, product sets, templates, systems, and artifacts are important to the success of the individual, the department, and the firm at large. The Data Center / DMZ Production Services Specialist will be considered a subject matter expert in their field and is expected to stay current with various technologies, organizational goals, and industry trends to drive end to end value.
- Candidate must understand how designs turn into Implementation; Implementation that are based upon standards and predefined strategies.
- Works with Design and Architecture Engineering in a “knowledge sharing” capacity in support of the team’s adoption and successful delivery of technology (new), systems or process changes.
- Plays a strong role in project delivery lifecycle management. Partners with the Design Engineering team to create Detailed Implementation Plans for all design, Test and Accept criteria, Back-Out and Validation plans and procedures. Adheres to Project Close-Out practices such as asset tracking, inventories, chargeback, documentation and the related systems, tools and process updates.
- The Implementation Engineer stands between the project manager, design engineer and operations. They support initiatives as they transition between design, implementation, and operations. They are active in all phases as an SME to support, solve program and facilitates decision making. The goal is to help the orderly and timely execution of projects and initiatives in an optimal, strategic and low risk way.
- Role performs Q/A function prior to every implementation project. Reviews a design and understands how it is based upon standards and how it matches to the “commission” details (installation, turn-up). Any questions must be review with the Design Engineer.
- Technical areas of focus include but are not limited to Core WAN/MAN Technologies – MPLS-E, MetroE, Leased Line, Broadband, Direct Internet Access, Dark Fiber, DWDM, Carrier Circuits, Tunneling protocols – SSL/TLS, IPDESC, GRE, DMVPN, MACSEC, Routing, Switching, Firewalls, Load Balancers, LAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, NAC, QoS, CAC, EIGRP, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, Multicast, NHRP, ATM, PPP, IPv4, IPv6, MPLS, ACL, VNP, Building Wireless/Wi-Fi solutions (802.xx) and carrier “in-building wireless services (DAS) etc. Knowledge of Cable Systems a plus.
- Design, Implementation, Support Data Center SDN; ACI/NSX, Arista CloudVision.
- Design, Implementation, Support SD-WAN is required, preferred if on Palo Alto Cloudgenix.
- Design, Implementation, Support SD-ACCESS is required, preferred if on Cisco DNA Center.
- Design, Implementation, Support Wireless is required, preferred if on HPE Aruba.
- Experience with CISCO NSO and general experience in Network Automation tools and processes.
- Strong skills in Scripting required; Python, Ansible, Perl, PowerShell.
- Strong Automation Skills – Expect, Rancid, REST/SOAP.
- Must have software development experience, should think like a software developer
- Must have a strong knowledge of Network Security.
- Must adhere to global network design authority processes and procedures.
- Must demonstrate good computer skills and the use of various applications such as MS Office, MS Visio are required.
- The ability to assemble professional documents and artifacts.
- Must have extensive knowledge and experience using (both reactively and productive) advanced tooling. It includes but is not limited to Sniffer/wire Shark, Prognosis, Scripting (Pearle), SolarWinds, HP NA/OpsWare/OpenView, etc.
- Application experience with an innovation “mind-set” and how it impacts how engineering work gets done is important. Coding and application design experience is a plus.
- Is responsible for the quality of the service outputs of his/her work.
- Voice/VoIP/UC and Video knowledge (understanding of VoIP/UC systems (i.e. Cisco CUCM, AVAYA Communications Manager, Microsoft LYNC and Skype for Business, etc.) is important.
- Crisis Management experience is a plus.
Educations: Bachelor degree in Engineering or Computer Science (Master’s degree preferred)
Certifications if any: NA
Experience Range: 8+ years of experience
- Experience with Network technologies
- Routing & Switching, Firewalls, LAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, NAC, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, Multicast, NHRP, IPv4, IPv6, MPLS, ACL, VPN
- Experience with troubleshooting complex networking problems
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Agile framework & SCRUM ceremonies
- Understand configuration management with tools such as Forward Networks and HPNA
- Experience using (both proactive and reactive) advanced tooling; Inclusive of but not limited to Netscout, Wireshark, Splunk, SevOne, HPNA, NNMI, OBM, IBM Watson, NSO, etc.
- General experience in Network Automation tools and processes
- Self-starter/self-directed, organized and detail oriented
- Strong technical acumen and analytical skills
- Excellent client interfacing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with all levels of management
- Experience aligning actions to business impact and service restoral
- Demonstrates ownership: Is accountable and can hold others accountable (professionally)
- Experience operating with colleagues across different time zones with a flexible approach to working hours (ability to work varied hours) to successfully interact and communicate on a global level
- Experience in Networking-related disciplines within a design, implementation, or operations role
- Relevant Industry certifications in Network Technologies
- Cloud or SDN knowledge and experience
Work Timings*: 02:00pm to 11:00pm or 06.30am to 03.30pm
Job location: Hyderabad, Chennai