Bank of America
Overview (Bank overview, GBS India overview, Function Overview)*
Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services.
We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
We are a part of the Global Business Services which delivers technology and operations capabilities to all Bank of America lines of business (LOB) and enterprise functions.
Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
* BA Continuum is a nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of Global Business Services in the bank.
Banking BFO business is within the CFO Org and is aligned to support Global Banking Business. The Banking BFO team is responsible for performing B/S and P&L validation, Forecast reviews, Business reviews and performance reporting for various banking products including Global Corporate Banking, Global Commercial banking, Investment banking and business banking
The role covers Management Reporting & Analysis, Research & Analytics, Preparation and analysis of financial forecasts based on up to date information provided by business management, supporting business with review and analysis of adhoc etc. Interactions as part of this role will largely be with Global BFO and FP&A teams and the wider Finance, technology organization.
The role is varied with broad scope and interaction with many key stakeholders across the franchise, offering the opportunity for both personal and professional development.
We are looking to recruit an individual with extensive experience across Banking processes including financial reporting, accounting, analytics, financial planning & analysis, deal accounting with sound understanding of Banking products
The individual will have regular interactions with a broad range of stakeholders, including GBS leadership in India and GBAM Finance leadership in global locations.
This individual will be working with various functional teams including BFOs, Product control, Bankers, Technology etc. to support Management Reporting and Analysis, business partnering, expense management and recovery processes etc.
- Production of various Reporting, Accounting deliverables including commentaries for financials
- Work closely with BFOs, Operations, GBAM CFO, and Technology teams on a regular basis
- Investment banking expense recovery and reporting processes
- Liaise with various business partners such as Technology, Risk, Operations and Finance to resolve issues / queries
- Manage projects and adhoc analysis working closely with business, Global teams
- Liaise with various stakeholder such as Technology, Risk, Operations and Finance to address any nuances
- Build strong partnership across finance functions, enhance communication and collaboration
- Identify and drive Opex opportunities, Develop, standardize & ensure continuous improvement of current processes & routines
- Risk and control mindset, ensure adherence to firms risk and control framework
- Work on business decision support with Senior Business Leaders end to end without any overview
- Establish and maintain relevant controls and feedback systems
- Co-ordinate with the business to resolve process bottlenecks at different levels
- Partner closely with stakeholders LOB (as needed) to support reporting routines.
- Lead month-end close and all other associated management reporting.
- Manage research, projects, ad-hoc requests and simplification and standardization efforts.
- Oversee Forecast/Plan and support business reviews strategic direction of the team.
CA/ICWA/CS/CFA/MBA Finance/PG in Finance from reputed university
Certifications If Any
CFA / FRM certified candidates would be preferred
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in Reporting/Accounting domain in MNC environment, Banking experience is an added advantage
- Knowledge of Alteryx and Tableau, Investment Banking products
- 4+ years of Banking and Financial Services experience with extensive knowledge of working in a Global Banking/product control teams
- Comprehensive experience in financial planning, reporting and analysis
- Individual should have the resilience to handle internal pressures and conflicts in dealing with multiple stakeholders.
- Alteryx / Tableau knowledge would be an added advantage
- Effective communication skills with English proficiency
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high pressure environment
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility as a ‘peer’ with Global functions and Regions
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment such as lack of well-defined procedures and changing work mix
- Ability to independently communicate with senior leaders in the business
Shift Window: Any 9 hours within the shift window starting 7:30AM – 10:30PM