Wealth Advisor, Portfolio Manager
Bartlett Wealth Management
Bartlett manages over $8 billion in assets and has offices in three cities, with a total of 78 employees. Wealth management at Bartlett is a team approach to providing customized investment management and financial planning solutions for our clients. At Bartlett, we live by our values of teamwork, legendary client service, open communication, continual growth, and commitment to doing what’s right, always.
This position has an investment focus and is responsible for maintaining existing client relationships with high-net-worth individuals and families, by providing investment management and wealth planning services. The position is also responsible for the development of new business over time. The percentage of time allocated to each of these functions will vary among advisors based upon skill set and firm needs.
Provide top quality client service.
- Deliver legendary client service with a profound degree of integrity and ethical standards.
- Collaborate with the Financial Planning team to offer extensive options and solutions for clients.
- Discuss strategies with clients to ensure current strategies are relevant and continuing to meet their needs, goals, and objectives.
- Communicate and proactively engage with clients regarding their portfolio status and progress.
- Build strong new client relationships and establish relationships with current clients served by another Bartlett advisor in preparation for transition of primary advisors over time.
- Engage next generation beneficiaries to create lasting relationships and help educate them on the stewardship of family wealth.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with client’s other professional advisors (i.e., accountants, lawyers, etc.).
Management of client investments.
- Discover and anticipate the needs, goals, and financial objectives of clients with active portfolio management.
- Pursue and implement investment strategies that best meet client’s needs, goals, and objectives.
- Manage and monitor portfolios to insure adherence to strategies.
- Participate in and support the investment strategy process of the firm.
Develop additional revenue producing business.
- Leverage local centers of influence to develop and expand referral networks.
- Collaborate with advisors and others in the firm, external sources, and centers of influence to identify and cultivate new business opportunities with revenue growth potential in the short and long run.
- Establish a presence in the community and become a Bartlett Ambassador.
The ideal associate will:
- Have a strong work ethic and commitment to success and growth of the firm.
- Be able to work successfully in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Act with a high degree of integrity and ethics, both personally and professionally.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team and with a wide array of people.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and interpret, gather objective information, negotiate, and respond to all levels of interaction.
- Be a strategic thinker, creative problem solver and competent decision maker.
- Have a sense of urgency with a strong attention to detail.
- Have excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Be articulate, have a professional demeanor, and present a good image.
- Have strong aptitude and proficiency in technology solutions, including but not limited to Microsoft Office applications, portfolio management software, etc., and the ability to adapt to new office technology.
- Have an awareness and understanding of compliance issues within the investment industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field.
- CFA strongly desired; will also consider the CFP, an advanced industry-related degree, and/or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 7 -10 years of relevant, client-facing experience, preferably with an RIA/wealth management firm and with high-net-worth clients.
- Strong, broad-based knowledge of the wealth management business, allowing for capable articulation of the firm’s strategy on investments within the context of an overall wealth management plan.
- Strong investment knowledge and considerable experience working with individual securities and funds.
- A Top Workplace winning culture built on teamwork, integrity, and diligence.
- A engaging work environment.
- An opportunity for professional growth and development.
- A hybrid work schedule.
- A competitive salary and eligibility for annual firm profitability/individual performance incentive.
- A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and the items listed below.
- A 401(k) plan with match and profit-sharing contribution.
- A generous paid time off policy.
- Paid parental and medical leave.