Guest Experience Ambassador
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Posted on Monday, May 1, 2023
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Department: Event Operations
Reports to: Guest Experience Manager
Employment Type: Part-Time
About TQL Stadium:
TQL Stadium, home of FC Cincinnati, is one of the most ambitious soccer-specific stadiums in not only North America, but the world. Critically-acclaimed firm Populous designed an innovative and forward-thinking stadium that is one of the largest soccer-specific facilities in Major League Soccer. TQL Stadium has been named Best Venue at the 2022 World Football Summit in Madrid and the 2022 Prix Versailles World Title in the Sports Category in Paris, France. The stadium has five team locker rooms, including a comprehensive team suite for FC Cincinnati that features a dressing room, coach’s office, lounge, equipment storage and the Mercy Health Center of Excellence for the team’s medical and game day fitness needs. Within the 18 months of the stadium’s completion, TQL Stadium has featured both the U.S. Men’s and Women’s National Teams, including the USMNT’s FIFA World Cup Qualification match vs. Mexico, and a concert by legendary rock band, The Who. The closest seats are within 15 feet of the pitch at the $250 million, privately funded stadium. The design includes 53 traditional suites and 4,500 premium seats throughout four premium club spaces. FC Cincinnati’s supporters’ section, The Bailey, has grown to be more than 3,100 strong and loom over opponents at a 34-degree angle at the stadium’s north end. A 360-degree canopy roof covers every seat in TQL Stadium, but still allows sufficient sun in to grow a natural grass field.
Our Guest Experience team is looking for authentic, engaging, passionate team members to be an essential part of the championship service at TQL Stadium. The Guest Experience Ambassador will help deliver a world class guest experience by helping create lasting memories through friendly, knowledgeable, and proactive customer service for all guests at TQL Stadium. Guest Experience Ambassadors will be trained in the following roles: Ticket Scanner, Usher, Elevator Attendant, Guest Experience Center Ambassador, Premium Attendant and Wheelchair Attendant. There is also the opportunity to be a Guest Experience Lead. All Ambassadors will be trained to have a basic understanding of crowd management to ensure safety of our guests and our staff. This position will support all FC Cincinnati matches as well other stadium events as scheduled.
- Provide world-class championship service for all guests and staff at TQL Stadium
- Always exhibit a professional appearance
- Utilize training tools and resources to create a championship level atmosphere for all guests
- Be proactive and friendly in greeting and assisting our guests with various inquiries at all points of contact
- Assist guests with locating seats and escorting guests to their seat, if necessary, in a professional manner
- Assume ownership in resolving guest challenges around the stadium (e.g., cursing, lost, and found, duplicate ticket issues, etc.)
- Stay informed about TQL Stadium policies and procedures to effectively assist with general questions
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and other employees
- Recognize potential hazards and provide a safe and secure environment for all guests by using established processes and rules outlined in the Guest Experience handbook
- Report all incidents to Supervisor or Management, including but not limited to injuries or health related issues, lost or damaged property, and alcohol related incidents
- Perform additional responsibilities as needed and as directed by Guest Experience Manager
- Ability to work positively in a fast-paced environment
- Must have the ability to anticipate needs, assess situations, problem solve, and act accordingly
- Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time as well as walking, bending, and climbing of stairs
- Ability to work outdoor events in hot, cold, wet, or windy conditions throughout duration of shift
- Fluent in English, Spanish beneficial
Qualifications & Experience:
- Must be at least 16 years old to apply for the Guest Experience Ambassador role
- High School diploma or GED required. 16-17 years old must be working towards a High School diploma
- Prior customer service experience (entry level or supervisory) preferred but not required
- Available to work the majority of TQL Stadium events, which includes FC Cincinnati home games, special events, concerts, and more. This will include weeknights, weekends, and holidays as needed
Additional information about Guest Experience Lead:
- Work with Guest Experience Manager to provide direction, updates, and encouragement for team members within designated area as assigned
- Supervise the actions of the event day staff at TQL Stadium
- Assist in enforcing stadium rules and regulations, ensuring safety, and providing quality guest experience for all FCC employees and guests
- Monitor fan behavior and respond quickly to potential crowd control issues, investigate incidents and complete incident reports in a timely manner
Approximately 1-3 events per month (hours per week may vary due to event schedule), mostly nights, weekends, and potentially holidays during the season from February 2023 through November 2023. This job is part-time and seasonal.
This position works in a stadium where the noise level is generally high, crowd traffic is heavy, temperatures are variable, and lights are bright or dark with occasional exposure to pyrotechnics or strobe lighting. May be required to stand for up to 6 hours.
TQL Stadium is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.