Gameday Retail Associate
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Posted on Thursday, June 8, 2023
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Department: Consumer Products
Reports to: Team Store Manager
Employment Type: Part-Time
About TQL Stadium:
TQL Stadium, home of FC Cincinnati, is one of the most ambitious soccer-specific stadiums in not only North America, but the world. Critically-acclaimed firm Populous designed an innovative and forward-thinking stadium that is one of the largest soccer-specific facilities in Major League Soccer. TQL Stadium has been named Best Venue at the 2022 World Football Summit in Madrid and the 2022 Prix Versailles World Title in the Sports Category in Paris, France. The stadium has five team locker rooms, including a comprehensive team suite for FC Cincinnati that features a dressing room, coach’s office, lounge, equipment storage and the Mercy Health Center of Excellence for the team’s medical and game day fitness needs. Within the 18 months of the stadium’s completion, TQL Stadium has featured both the U.S. Men’s and Women’s National Teams, including the USMNT’s FIFA World Cup Qualification match vs. Mexico, and a concert by legendary rock band, The Who. The closest seats are within 15 feet of the pitch at the $250 million, privately funded stadium. The design includes 53 traditional suites and 4,500 premium seats throughout four premium club spaces. FC Cincinnati’s supporters’ section, The Bailey, has grown to be more than 3,100 strong and loom over opponents at a 34-degree angle at the stadium’s north end. A 360-degree canopy roof covers every seat in TQL Stadium, but still allows sufficient sun in to grow a natural grass field.
The Gameday Retail Associate reports to the Team Store Manager and assists with all team store/retail related functions on home game days. The Gameday Retail Associate’s role is to drive sales, acknowledge each customer, build loyalty, ensure high service standards and act as a brand ambassador in alignment with organizational core values and mission. The Game Day Retail Associate will work gamedays only at various locations throughout TQL Stadium’s concourse and Team Store. This role is a great way to get both retail experience and a foot into the sports world. The environment is fun, exciting, and high energy.
- Leverage selling tools to achieve goals, maximize sales, and positively impact a client’s gameday experience
- Exhibit pride through positive demeanor, body language, and personal presentation
- Demonstrate professional etiquette through integrity, honesty, and respect for others
- Consistently deliver customer service in line with our values
- Acknowledge all customers and treat them as if they were a guest in your home
- Create a memorable and unmatched experience through exceptional customer service
- Create an inspiring shopping experience through creative and compelling shopping environments, by actively participate in upholding the brand aesthetic in all merchandising activities
- Ensure wardrobe is consistent with FC Cincinnati’s aesthetic
- Manager cashless payments
- Reliable and dependable
- Ability to multi-task and exhibit problem service
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal skills including strong customer service skills
Qualifications & Experience:
- 6+ months of retail and/or customer service experience required
- Knowledge of fashion, athletic apparel and trends is a plus
- Must be 18 years or older to apply
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours including but not limited to weekends and holidays as required by the FCC game schedule, special events, and projects
Hours include approximately 8-24 hours per month (hours vary by month due to game schedule), including nights, weekends, and potentially holidays. Must be available to work at least 70% of scheduled events. This job is part-time and seasonal and offers competitive wages. Weekend availability is mandatory.
This position works in an arena where the noise level is generally high, crowd traffic is heavy, temperatures are variable and lights are bright or dark with occasional exposure to pyrotechnics or strobe lighting. May be required to stand for up to 6 hours.
TQL Stadium is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.