Facility Maintenance Technician I
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Job Title: Facility Maintenance Technician
Department: Facilities & Operations
Reports to: Senior Director of Event & Facility Operations
FC Cincinnati’s Facility Maintenance Technician will report to the Senior Director of Event & Facility Operations. This role will provide a mechanical aptitude to ensure safe and efficient building maintenance practices are being followed at all FC Cincinnati properties, including TQL Stadium and the Mercy Health Training Center. This role will support all maintenance activities before, during, and after stadium events, responding to breakdowns and repairs to equipment, along with daily responsibilities related to oversight of building systems and collaborating with other departments. This position is salary nonexempt.
What You’ll Do:
- Extensive HVAC knowledge to oversee critical systems by working with outside contractors as well as perform and execute minor HVAC troubleshooting and preventative maintenance on split systems, perimeter heat packs, VAVs, VRFs, RTUs, exhaust fans, etc
- Prioritizing in-bound services requests from FC Cincinnati and TQL Stadium staff within the centralized CMMS system and identifying capabilities of in-house resources and the need for third-party contractors
- Complete work order requests from CMMS system in a timely and efficient manner, troubleshooting issues such as power loss and faulty circuits, LED video display outages, ballast replacements, leaks, broken seats, etc.
- Monitor building automation systems to ensure proper ranges, settings, and comfort levels are met for all guests, staff, and players
- Assist with part-time and/or intern staff during event days as needed for facility operations
- Maintaining proper documentation related to completing tasks, progress of work orders, inventory of supplies and equipment, and expenses related to work on building infrastructure and equipment
- Use of hand & power tools to troubleshoot, repair, install, operate, and perform preventative maintenance on a wide range of mechanical systems and equipment
- Proactively seek to exceed FCC pristine standards across facilities through punch list needs such as patch, paint, lighting replacements, repairs to doors, windows, drywall, etc.
- Assist with managing projects and contractors for work related to major building systems
- Maintain accurate records, schedules, and documentation related to MEP equipment, fire safety, and other building systems
- Maintain proper dress attire as instructed by FC Cincinnati and TQL Stadium policies
- Rotation of 24/7 facility on-call will be required
- Always represent FC Cincinnati and its related affiliates and venues in a professional manner
- Perform other related tasks as assigned
What You’ll Bring:
- Comprehension of basic plumbing, electrical, and carpentry trades
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to thrive in a team environment
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and procedures
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to accomplish goals under strict timelines
- Demonstrated ability to independently seek proactive solutions to problems and situations before and/or after they arise
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multitask
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Calendar
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of experience within a facility maintenance setting preferred, including an in-depth knowledge of mechanical & electrical components and systems along with procedures related to installation, start-up, and repair of equipment in a commercial facility
- 1+ year of HVAC trade experience and EPA Type I & II and/or Universal Certification is preferred or the ability to obtain certification
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours including but not limited to weekends and holidays as required by the FCC game schedule, special events, and projects
Why You'll Love FCC:
- Generous paid time off including vacation, personal, sick, and holiday time
- Option for one work from home day per week (by department and schedule)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k plan with company match
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity Leave and Family Building Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discount off merchandise in team store
- Community volunteer opportunities
- Professional development opportunities
- Frequent team building opportunities
- Employee recognition programs and referral programs
- Opportunity for complimentary staff tickets to home FC Cincinnati matches
About FC Cincinnati:
FC Cincinnati is a Major League Soccer team playing at TQL Stadium in Cincinnati, Ohio. Originally founded in 2015 by Carl H. Lindner III and Co-CEO Jeff Berding, FCC began play in the United Soccer League (USL) in 2016. FCC entered MLS as the 24th team in 2019. The club’s wide and diverse ownership group is led by controlling owner Lindner III; as well as managing owners Meg Whitman and Dr. Griff Harsh; Scott Farmer; and George Joseph. FC Cincinnati opened the club’s privately funded, 26,000-seat soccer-specific TQL Stadium in the West End neighborhood of Cincinnati in 2021, a venue which has won numerous global awards including the World Football Summit Best Venue 2022 in Madrid and the 2022 Prix Versailles World Title in the Sports Category in Paris, France. The club earned its first MLS Cup Playoffs berth in 2022, advancing to the Eastern Conference semifinal as the no. 5 seed. The club won the 2018 USL Regular-Season Championship in record-setting fashion and earned postseason berths in all three of its USL seasons. In 2017, FC Cincinnati also advanced to the semifinals of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, a run that included victories over two MLS squads.
About TQL Stadium:
TQL Stadium, home of FC Cincinnati, is one of the most ambitious soccer-specific stadiums in not only North America, but the world. Critically-acclaimed firm Populous designed an innovative and forward-thinking stadium that is one of the largest soccer-specific facilities in Major League Soccer. TQL Stadium has been named Best Venue at the 2022 World Football Summit in Madrid and the 2022 Prix Versailles World Title in the Sports Category in Paris, France. The stadium has five team locker rooms, including a comprehensive team suite for FC Cincinnati that features a dressing room, coach’s office, lounge, equipment storage and the Mercy Health Center of Excellence for the team’s medical and game day fitness needs. Within the 18 months of the stadium’s completion, TQL Stadium has featured both the U.S. Men’s and Women’s National Teams, including the USMNT’s FIFA World Cup Qualification match vs. Mexico, and a concert by legendary rock band, The Who. The closest seats are within 15 feet of the pitch at the $250 million, privately funded stadium. The design includes 53 traditional suites and 4,500 premium seats throughout four premium club spaces. FC Cincinnati’s supporters’ section, The Bailey, has grown to be more than 3,100 strong and loom over opponents at a 34-degree angle at the stadium’s north end. A 360-degree canopy roof covers every seat in TQL Stadium, but still allows sufficient sun in to grow a natural grass field.
About Mercy Health Training Center:
In 2019, the club opened the state-of-the-art Mercy Health Training Center (MHTC) in Milford, Ohio. Designed by MSA Sport, the $30 million, 24-acre facility includes three full-size, lighted soccer fields – including two stabilized natural grass surfaces and one synthetic turf surface – as well as a goalkeeper-specific training area. The MLS team is housed in a 30,000 sq. ft., multilevel building abutting the fields, including a separate, 4,000 sq. ft. wing of the building for the FC Cincinnati Academy. Additionally, there is a 3,000 sq. ft. maintenance facility on the property. In the design process, the MSA Sport design team benchmarked training grounds across the world, including the best in Europe, South America, and Asia. The goal of the design meets the original goal to develop one of the premier and most progressive team facilities in Major League Soccer and North America.
FC Cincinnati is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.