Team Administration Intern
Milford, OH, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Job Title: Team Administration Intern
Reports to: Director of Team Administration
Department: Soccer Operations
The Soccer Operations Intern will support the Soccer Operations department in day-to-day needs with the FCC First Team, Second Team, and Player Welfare Department. This individual will have access to see how a sports organization works as a business entity, as well as build relationships with individuals at all levels across FC Cincinnati. This role will be primarily in Milford, Ohio at Mercy Health Training Center. The workdays will vary depending on the team schedule and student availability. Averaging 25 hours per week, the core schedule will be 4-5 days per week, Monday – Friday, however, there may be weekend and holiday hours. We have two internships available: 1 will begin in January & conclude in December & the other will begin in January and conclude in May. This is an hourly paid internship and college credit is also available if needed.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist with general daily administration of FC Cincinnati’s First Team, Second Team, and Player Welfare
- Assist athletes and technical staff with relocation needs
- Assist with player/trialist transportation and accommodations
- May assist with planning logistics for away trips
- Work home matches (nights/weekends)
- Support in the logistics of game day preparation and execution
- Complete special projects as needed and other duties assigned
- Other duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring:
- “Make it happen” attitude
- Strong ability to multi-task, in a fast-paced working environment
- Ability to develop productive and effective relationships across all levels of an organization
- An innovative approach and willingness to contribute creative solutions to problems as they arise
- Proven ability to work positively, collaboratively, and professionally within a team and across an organization
- Strong Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to speak Spanish &/ French is a bonus
What You’ll Need:
- Experience in a professional sports environment preferred
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree program, preferably in Business or Sport Management
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide verification of vaccination prior to start date
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours including but not limited to weekends and holidays as required by the FCC game schedule, special events, and projects
Why You'll Love FCC:
- FCC welcome gifts
- Resume and profile reviews
- Tour of TQL Stadium and MHTC
- Community volunteer opportunities
- Discount off team store merchandise
- Job shadow opportunities
- Paid hourly and/or college credit opportunities
About FC Cincinnati:
FC Cincinnati is a Major League Soccer team playing at TQL Stadium in Cincinnati, Ohio. Originally founded in 2015 by Carl H. Lindner III and co-CEO Jeff Berding, FCC started play in the United Soccer League (USL) in 2016. FCC entered MLS as the 24th team in 2019. The club’s wide and diverse ownership group is led by controlling owner Lindner III; as well as managing owners Meg Whitman and Dr. Griff Harsh; Scott Farmer; and George Joseph.
FC Cincinnati opened the club’s privately funded, 26,000-seat soccer-specific TQL Stadium in the West End neighborhood of Cincinnati in 2021, a venue which has won numerous global awards including the World Football Summit Best Venue 2022 in Madrid and the 2022 Prix Versailles World Title in the Sports Category in Paris, France.
FC Cincinnati won the 2023 Supporters’ Shield – the annual award given to the team with the most points in the regular season – and clinched a spot in the 2023 MLS Playoffs for the second straight year. The club won the 2018 USL Regular-Season Championship in record-setting fashion and earned postseason berths in all three of its USL seasons. In 2017, FC Cincinnati also advanced to the semifinals of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, a run that included victories over two MLS squads.
About Mercy Health Training Center
In 2019, the club opened the state-of-the-art Mercy Health Training Center (MHTC) in Milford, Ohio. Designed by MSA Sport, the $30 million, 24-acre facility includes three full-size, lighted soccer fields – including two stabilized natural grass surfaces and one synthetic turf surface – as well as a goalkeeper-specific training area. The MLS team is housed in a 30,000 sq. ft., multilevel building abutting the fields, including a separate, 4,000 sq. ft. wing of the building for the FC Cincinnati Academy.
Additionally, there is a 3,000 sq. ft. maintenance facility on the property. In the design process, the MSA Sport design team benchmarked training grounds across the world, including the best in Europe, South America, and Asia. The goal of the design meets the original goal to develop one of the premier and most progressive team facilities in Major League Soccer and North America.
FC Cincinnati is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.