Event Operations Intern (In-Office)
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
Job Title: Event Operations In Office Intern
Reports to: Event Operations Manager
Department: Facilities & Operations
FC Cincinnati is seeking a highly motivated Event Operations In Office Intern for the 2024 MLS Season. The ideal candidate for this position will have a passion for live events and learning. This internship is a great opportunity for those who may be interested in pursuing a career in not only sports, but also in the entertainment and private event space. TQL Stadium is one of the premier soccer-specific stadiums in North America and is one of the most desired private event spaces in the Cincinnati area. The Event Operations intern will work with the FC Cincinnati Event Operations Department, as well as the entire organization to continue the growth of TQL Stadium. This is an hourly paid position, working on average 15 hours a week, beginning in May & ending in August.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide event support and coordination for all TQL Stadium events such as MLS games, private events, and other public and private events
- Provide support, planning, and implementation of facility rules and policies
- Assist in the organization and upkeep of event documents
- Successfully lead and brief TQL Stadium event staff according to event details
- Provide excellent customer service through the event process and in all interactions with clients
- Find areas of opportunity for improvement to increase efficiency and operational excellence
- Collaborate with other FC Cincinnati departments to gain industry and organizational knowledge
- Provide general support of the Event Operations Department in daily operations.
- Assist with special projects as assigned by the Event Operations team
- As scheduled, work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Other duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring:
- Willingness to learn new computer software
- Strong customer service skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff and the public
- Experience in high stress, fast paced environments
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and able to meet strict deadlines
- Must be a self-motivated and resourceful individual
What You’ll Need:
- Current college student or recent graduate within six months
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Physical Abilities: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
o Required to sit, stand, and walk
o Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools, or controls
o Frequent stooping, bending, pulling, reaching, and pushing
o Required to talk and hear consistently
o Ability to occasionally lift, carry, and/or drag up to 50 lbs. if necessary
Why You’ll Love FCC:
- FCC welcome gifts
- Resume and profile reviews
- Tour of TQL Stadium and MHTC
- Discount off team store merchandise
- Community volunteer opportunities
- Job shadow opportunities
- Paid hourly and/or college credit opportunities
About FC Cincinnati
FC Cincinnati is a Major League Soccer team playing at TQL Stadium in Cincinnati, Ohio. Originally founded in 2015 by Carl H. Lindner III and co-CEO Jeff Berding, FCC started play in the United Soccer League (USL) in 2016. FCC entered MLS as the 24th team in 2019. The club’s wide and diverse ownership group is led by controlling owner Lindner III; as well as managing owners Meg Whitman and Dr. Griff Harsh; Scott Farmer; and George Joseph.
FC Cincinnati opened the club’s privately funded, 26,000-seat soccer-specific TQL Stadium in the West End neighborhood of Cincinnati in 2021, a venue which has won numerous global awards including the World Football Summit Best Venue 2022 in Madrid and the 2022 Prix Versailles World Title in the Sports Category in Paris, France.
FC Cincinnati won the 2023 Supporters’ Shield – the annual award given to the team with the most points in the regular season – and clinched a spot in the 2023 MLS Playoffs for the second straight year. The club won the 2018 USL Regular-Season Championship in record-setting fashion and earned postseason berths in all three of its USL seasons. In 2017, FC Cincinnati also advanced to the semifinals of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, a run that included victories over two MLS squads.
About TQL Stadium
TQL Stadium, home of FC Cincinnati, is one of the most ambitious soccer-specific stadiums in not only North America, but the world. Critically-acclaimed firm Populous designed an innovative and forward-thinking stadium that is one of the largest soccer-specific facilities in Major League Soccer. TQL Stadium has been named Best Venue at the 2022 World Football Summit in Madrid and the 2022 Prix Versailles World Title in the Sports Category in Paris, France.
The stadium has five team locker rooms, including a comprehensive team suite for FC Cincinnati that features a dressing room, coach’s office, lounge, equipment storage and the Mercy Health Center of Excellence for the team’s medical and game day fitness needs. Within the 18 months of the stadium’s completion, TQL Stadium has featured both the U.S. Men’s and Women’s National Teams, including the USMNT’s FIFA World Cup Qualification match vs. Mexico, and a concert by legendary rock band, The Who.
The closest seats are within 15 feet of the pitch at the $250 million, privately funded stadium. The design includes 53 traditional suites and 4,500 premium seats throughout four premium club spaces. FC Cincinnati’s supporters’ section, The Bailey, has grown to be more than 3,100 strong and loom over opponents at a 34-degree angle at the stadium’s north end. A 360-degree canopy roof covers every seat in TQL Stadium, but still allows sufficient sun in to grow a natural grass field.
FC Cincinnati is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.