Development Director - La Soupe
Organization: La Soupe
About this position:
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Payroll type: salary (exempt)
Days/hours work: Full time, Monday-Friday (8:00-4:00 PM), flexible
Desired timing of hire: Immediate
Posting date: Dec 19, 2022
About La Soupe:
Founded in 2015 by Chef Suzy DeYoung, La Soupe is a nonprofit with a mission to reduce food waste and food insecurity across the Greater Cincinnati Region. La Soupe's chefs and volunteers use rescued food to create delicious, healthy meals to share with partner agencies who distribute those meals to clients facing food insecurity. La Soupe's culinary education classes address the root causes of food insecurity by creating ways for people to access the knowledge, skills, and tools needed to make nutritious meals. La Soupe's Nourish program provides soups and nutritional interventions for heart health and diabetes to Share Partners, who offer wraparound health services for vulnerable communities. With the support of dedicated volunteers, La Soupe has rescued over 4 million pounds of food and shared over 2.5 million restaurant-quality servings since its inception.
The Development Director is responsible for the creation and/or refinement, implementation, tracking and managing of a strategic plan to ensure the continued growth of operating support and special project funding annually.
Duties include overseeing and managing all aspects of:
- Fundraising efforts, including the annual campaign
- Building strong and successful relationships
- Maintaining ongoing communications with donors, volunteers, community organizations, corporations, and foundations
- Establishing and maintaining a strong donor acknowledgement program and donor tracking using the donor management database system
- Planning and hosting an annual large-scale fundraising event
- Grant writing and reporting
- Staffing strategy for development office (no additional staff exist yet)
- Develop and manage the annual development budget to meet the fundraising target set by the board. All events that are included in the Development Budget will have a corresponding line in the Forecasted Revenue. Monthly summaries are prepared including agreed upon metrics, discussions of milestones achieved, any concerns and any mitigating actions that are underway or being considered to ensure annually agreed Goals and Objectives are reached.
- Develop and manage the Forecasted Revenue. The Forecasted Revenue will show a line item for all projected donations and grants over $1000 and the anticipated month of receipt. Monthly summaries are prepared discussing the achievements, concerns and mitigating actions as required.
- Develop, optimize and manage a strategy to meet the 3 years forecast for revenue from donations and grants. Areas that have historically been part of our fundraising plan are:
- The annual fundraising campaign that includes both direct mail and digital outreach
- Optimizing awareness through various social media outlets
- Creation of special campaign appeals
- A Major Gifts Program building on the donor base from the capital campaign and the annual donors. Identifying, qualifying, soliciting, closing and stewarding major gifts with a focus on high net-worth individuals
- Creating strategic requests and reports for donors by working with stakeholders to integrate the overall department goals and plans.
- Growing the Grants Program through the identification of new prospects, cultivation of present grantors, and submitting well-written grant requests and reports.
- Collaborate with the department managers, directors, communications director, and chief operating officer to establish and represent goals for outright and planned giving
- A Bachelor’s Degree and 5-7 years direct experience in leadership roles in Development.
- Experienced team player and team leader.
- Demonstrates progressive experience and responsibility in raising awareness and support through cultivation and stewardship of La Soupe’s supporters
- Offers a strong, successful history in non-profit fundraising and development, grant writing, donor relations and Board interaction.
- Possesses outstanding communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to build strategic plans for fundraising through the Moves Management process
- Organized, self-starter who is flexible, responds quickly, and thinks strategically.
- Knowledge of the Greater Cincinnati Community
Commensurate with experience
- Paid Holidays, Free Lunch
- Access to company sponsored healthcare
- PTO after 90 days of employment
- Get to work with best crew in the city while helping communities
Equal opportunity: La Soupe, Inc. values a diverse and inclusive work environment where every team member matters. All qualified applicants for this position will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Send resume and cover letter to: Emmy Schroder, Chief operating Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org
More information can be found here.