Internship - Community Earth Alliance
Organization: Community Earth Alliance
About this position:
April /May to August/September/October, 2023
You will have the unique opportunity to live and work in an urban ecovillage homestead in the Hilltop Eco Community located in Price Hill. You will learn gardening, keeping up a homestead, spend time in nature and working with and learn from people who have a deep love and connection with the Earth.
The ecovillage is located just seven minutes from downtown Cincinnati. The ecovillage is in an existing 100+ year old neighborhood. It is an experiment in making our cities ecological places to live.
YOU WILL WORK 36 HOURS PER WEEK AS AN ECOVILLAGE INTERN.
Work with Jim Schenk and other people in the ecovillage doing whatever tasks are required to maintain a homestead and the ecovillage. Such as:
- Helping plant and keep up gardens
- Food preservation
- Clearing fence rows and controlling weeds
- Straightening, painting, cleaning
- Helping with educating people about urban ecovillages, including helping with the ecovillage podcast and publishing/marketing book on eco village
- Assist Community Earth Alliance with its projects.
- Work with the Rights of Nature movement
- Opportunity to spend time in nature.
- Comfortable working outside in beautiful weather, but also in hot, buggy, muggy, rainy or muddy situations.
- Are responsible, self-driven and open to working with a team but also on your own.
- An interest in learning about alternative lifestyles based on a love for Earth.
- Interested in learning about the ecovillage
- Computer skills would be helpful.
Intern will be offered housing, plus a $100 per week stipend, some food and an opportunity to learn.
If you are a college student and are interested in gaining credit for this experience we would be willing to work with your college or university to make this happen. We have elders with advanced degrees.
Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information can be found here.