Bookkeeper and Office Manager - Keep Cincinnati Beautiful
Organization: Keep Cincinnati Beautiful
About this position:
Keep Cincinnati Beautiful is seeking an individual to manage our bookkeeping responsibilities and other office management duties. This role is expected to manage the bookkeeping of a small (12 person team) non-profit, while taking on some office management responsibilities to create an FTE of 32 hours. This role will take over for our retiring part time bookkeeper while also taking over some office management duties from other staff members. Keep Cincinnati Beautiful’s Environmental Education Program connects individuals with their environment to encourage green habits and inspire future stewards. The Environmental Education Program Manager oversees creation, execution, and evaluation of all KCB’s educational outreach to promote community-wide behavior change. For 42 years we have helped to keep Cincinnati clean, green and beautiful. Our work has grown to meet the changing needs of the city and now includes five programs: Arts, Education, Environmental Services, Great American Cleanup, and Green Space.
We have assembled a talented, creative, and diverse team implementing a range of award-winning programs (a total of 12 FTE). Our high-impact, low-cost strategies leverage in-kind support, volunteers, and partnerships to achieve ambitious outcomes. For every dollar invested, we provide nearly $27 in community benefits. In just the past 10 years we have educated 200,000+ children, coordinated 130,000+ volunteers, planted 100,000+ trees and flowers, and painted 1,000+ buildings. Perhaps our greatest impact is what people don’t see, like, the eight million pounds of litter, 42,000+ tires collected, 7,000+ graffiti tags removed, and dozens of illegal dump sites shut down. On average, neighborhoods, where we are active (over 45 of 52 Cincinnati neighborhoods), experienced a 15% reduction in quality of life crimes, a 27% reduction in blight, and a 45% increase in economic development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Bookkeeper Responsibilities:
- Process Accounts Receivable/Payable and handle payroll in a timely manner - Prepare outgoing invoices as scheduled or when requested by staff - Prepare Semi-Monthly Payroll, record sick and vacation earnings and usage - Assist with the annual audit process
- Maintain personnel files with documentation required for audit purposes - Assist with basic HR duties like new hire documents, compliance, and temporary disability insurance and workers’ compensation filings.
- Bank and account reconciliation
- Monitor and manage cash flow
- Record keeping and/or filing of bills/invoices
- Make deposits and record all cash receipts
- Office Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Staff Meeting, Agenda, and Follow up Reminders
- Main Line Phone Management & VM Forwarding
- Manage Info@KeepCincinnatiBeautiful.org
- Supervise/Delegate Box Organization
- Membership Renewals (Toolbank, etc.)
- Coordinating Software/Tech Purchases and Tech Support
- ANNUALLY: Create Timesheets, Expense Tracking, Deliverables, Benefit Tracking, Mileage, Expense Reimbursement etc.
- Office Supplies, Columbia, and other Orders for KCB
- Transactional HR (Insurance Renewals, etc)
- Pay Bills (Firespring, Verizon, GoZero etc)
- Board Meeting Minutes
- Truck, Van, Trailer Insurance, registration, and Tag Renewals
- Assisting the Development Manager, which may include database management, event planning, individual campaign recognition, grant writing
- ED Invoicing
Desired Qualifications / Skills:
- Experience in A/P, A/R, Budgeting, Accounting and Financial Reporting - Highly experienced with data entry, record keeping and computer operation
- Someone who is detail oriented/professional with great judgment and decision-making skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office – Excel a must
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles - Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands on experience with spreadsheets
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Quickbooks
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with internal and external audiences. - Experience being the Manager of First Impressions
- Attention to detail and excellent follow-through.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Perform with the highest professional demeanor and integrity.
- Able to balance competing priorities, complex situations and tight deadlines. - Appreciation and respect for the confidentiality of highly personal information.
Education, Experience, and Licensing:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- CPA is a plus
- Previous bookkeeping experience preferred
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
Compensation and Benefits:
- Starting salary of $20.00-$22.00 per hour.
- Either 32 or 40 hours per week.
- 10 days vacation accrued through year one
- Sick leave/sick leave bank
- 10 days holiday plus time between Christmas and New Year’s
- Health insurance: Agency pays 75% of premiums
- Simple IRA with Agency match on day 1.
To apply, email cover letter and resume to Jonathan@KeepCincinnatiBeautiful.org with “Bookkeeper/Office Manager Position” in the subject.
More information can be found here.