Arts Program Seasonal Coordinator - Keep Cincinnati Beautiful
Organization: Keep Cincinnati Beautiful
About the position:
Keep Cincinnati Beautiful’s Arts program is a multifaceted artistic approach to neighborhood improvement and engagement. We work with communities to identify strategic intervention sites, coordinate volunteers, and revitalize key neighborhood corridors using simple, low-cost works of art. By integrating art into the everyday, we are turning blighted areas from a public nuisance into a public benefit.
The Arts Program Summer Artist is responsible for supporting the success of the Arts program under the management of the Co-Directors (Claire Bryson and Katie Davis), the support of Arts Project Manager (Sarah Mackenzie), and KCB’s Executive Director (Jonathan Adee). The artist will assist with the execution and construction of the Future Blooms Project, Community Murals, Eco-art Installations, and Creative Placemaking Initiatives.
The Arts Program is seeking a part-time artist to work roughly 24 hours per week over the course of the summer (roughly 15 weeks, flexible start date) to support ongoing programming.
Pay rate: $17/hour
● Sick leave accrual of approx. 5 hours/month
● Flexible work schedule & hybrid setup (Work from home, office/studio, and on site)
● Networking opportunities with Arts & community organizations
● Some KCB-branded attire provided
● Ensure excellent results in project outcome quality including quality of painting/art and efficiency of installation and maintenance
● Attend staff meetings (Tuesday mornings); Communicate important information from Program Staff to project participants
● Lead aspects of regular community outreach through volunteer events and collaboration.
● Perform regular maintenance of the studio and supplies to ensure upkeep
● Engage with the community while working on-site
● Work with volunteers, community groups, and arts organizations to execute projects
● Ensure quality work was executed, maintained (fix graffiti or damage), and de-install if and when necessary
● Photograph and document all work before, after, and during installation
● Work with architectural features and color palette to design site-specific renderings of each building
● Gather supplies necessary for installation (paint, brushes, tape, rulers, ladders, etc.)
● Assist with painting 50 building sites strategically (working on adjacent sites, with volunteers, and at key intersections)
● Help with the ongoing maintenance of existing sites (graffiti removal and fixing damaged work)
Graffiti Abatement Murals:
● Assist with the execution of mural projects:
○ North Fairmount community engagement sessions
○ North Fairmount Mural
● Prep wall for paint, draw design, and execute mural painting
Creative Placemaking Installations:
● Assist with construction, fabrication and execution of other major projects:
○ 3CDC Traffic Box Installations
● Gather, organize, and prep materials for installation
Skills and Attributes:
● Enjoys multi-tasking
● Works well on a team and collaborates with others
● Enjoys working with the community
● Passionate about KCB’s mission
● Strong communicator
● Experienced in Adobe products (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
● Artistic, good craft (works in a tidy and precise manner)
● Experience driving a large work vehicle
● Comfort working outside and with underserved populations
● Painting experience
● Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
● Experienced in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Google Apps
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to Katie@keepcincinnatibeautiful.org with “Arts Program Seasonal Coordinator Application” in the subject line.
Find more information here.