Food Rescue Process Coordinator (Dispatcher) - Last Mile Food Rescue
Organization: Last Mile Food Rescue
About the position:
The LMFR Process Coordinator is the critical link in getting food donations to Agency Partners via Food Rescue Volunteers using the Last Mile Food Rescue mobile app. They also assist the LMFR team by accomplishing essential tasks. The Dispatcher directly impacts the mission of the Last Mile Food Rescue organization by planning food rescues, ensuring they are well executed and maintaining proper digital records for reporting and process improvement all while maintaining a collaborative attitude and work ethic.
This position is for you if you:
- Have a passion to make a difference in Cincinnati by helping end hunger and waste.
- Enjoy working with people daily using solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Are excited to try new things and push the boundaries beyond your comfort zone.
- Face challenging deadlines and problem-solving opportunities head on.
- Are an avid learner, especially for new computer applications and mobile technology.
- Enjoyed your past experiences working with customers, clients and/or volunteers.
- Know someone who describes you as detail oriented and organized.
- Have a high school diploma or GRE and a driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Can hold a conversation in Spanish.
- Work well independently and enjoy teaching others.
What does a Food Rescue Process Coordinator do?
- Schedules food rescues from food donors to nonprofit sites.
- Maintains food rescue records, and work with numbers to reconcile pounds.
- Handles calls from volunteers, donors, and partners in the food rescue process.
- Works cross functionally with other teammates at LMFR to accomplish given tasks.
- Thinks quickly to make sound decisions, and work with last minute changes.
- Occasionally goes on a food rescue, using their personal vehicle or LMFR truck or van
- Remains flexible to perform other duties to benefit the mission and vision of LMFR.
- Manages multiple projects and timelines effectively and in an organized fashion.
Work Schedule & Requirements:
- 40 hour work week, including Saturdays and holidays.
- Must be able to lift 20 – 60 lbs, stand/sit for long periods of time, and drive
Work Environment & Culture:
- Work full time from office space located in Norwood, Ohio.
- We are a small but mighty team!
Hourly Pay - $16.00/hr - $17.00/hr based on experience.
Healthcare Premium Stipend
Generous Paid Time Off
Find more information here.