Market Assistant Manager - Last Mile Food Rescue
Organization: Last Mile Food Rescue
About the position:
The Last Mile Market is a mobile pantry that supports communities that are experiencing food insecurity and do not have a reliable source of free or low cost healthy & perishable food. We need someone who will help take this new program to a sustainable resource for the community. The Last Mile Market Assistant Manager will be an integral tool in developing this program. We are looking for someone who is hardworking, mission driven and has a passion for making their community a better place for all citizens to live and thrive.
This position is for you if you:
- Have a passion to make a difference in our community.
- Enjoy working with customers and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Are someone that people describe as a problem solver.
- Are detail oriented, organized, and reliable.
- Enjoy variety in your daily work.
- Face challenges and new experiences head-on.
What does a Last Mile Market Associate do?
- Rescue food using the LMFR van from multiple locations and delivers it as directed.
- Directs and assists with the loading, sorting, and distribution of food.
- Interact with customers in a friendly manner.
- Effectively communicates with customers, donors, and other stakeholders the
mission of the Last Mile market.
- Works with closely with supervisor to improve existing processes and develop new strategies.
- Works cross functionally with other teammates at LMFR to accomplish given tasks.
- Remains flexible to perform other duties to benefit the mission and vision of LMFR.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Conversationally proficient in Spanish
- Current driver’s license with good driving record. No moving violations within the past 12 months.
Work Schedule & Requirements:
- Daily 8am-4pm, occasional Saturdays and holidays.
- The ability to lift 30-60 pounds regularly.
- Mild to heavy physical activity involving, moving large objects, setting up tables and sorting through food.
Hourly Pay: $18/hr-$19/hr based on experience
Healthcare Premium Stipend
Generous Paid Time Off
Please direct interest and resume to:
Aaron Moore, Last Mile Food Rescue
Find more information here.