Horticulture Technician - Boone County Parks
Organization: Boone County Parks
About the position:
Boone County Fiscal Court is now hiring for a full time Horticulture Technician within our Parks Department. Staring pay is $19.61 per hour plus a generous benefit package.
This position has the responsibility to assist in manage and maintain the landscape and public spaces of Boone County Fiscal Court and Boone County Parks.
Summary of Duties
- Care of annual floral displays including beds, urban street trees and park entrances.
- Maintenance of shrubs, vines, ground covers and turf including decision making on health evaluations, care methods and appropriate timing of necessary treatments.
- Diagnosis of plant nutrition and pest control needs including proper applications of fertilization ad herbicides as well as documentation of appropriate record-keeping according to Local, State, and Federal guidelines.
- Landscape revitalization including removal and installation.
Knowledge of hand/power tools as well as heavy equipment necessary to complete projects such as, but not limited to, loaders; tillers; and mowers.
- Ability to successfully pass a drug screen and a comprehensive background check.
- Will be expected to work weekends, holidays, and special events
- Must possess valid Driver License.
- Bachelor's and/or Associate's degree preferred from an accredited College or University in Horticulture, landscape construction or related field or equivalent combination of education/experience preferred.
- Experience with automatic irrigation systems and ability to follow landscape and irrigation plans.
- KY Commercial Applicator License or the ability to obtain one in the first 6-months.
- Minimum 3-years of experience in the field is preferred.
- Greenhouse or Landscape design experience is preferred.
Find more information here.