Staff Accountant - Green Umbrella
Organization: Green Umbrella
About the position: Staff Accountant
Do you have a passion for the environment and future sustainability? Do you want to use your Accounting background to help make a difference in our region?
Green Umbrella has a new role for a full-time Staff Accountant to be responsible for grant financial reporting and organization financial data. This new role will enable the organization to more effectively report on our programmatic work to improve sustainability and climate resilience in the Greater Cincinnati region.
The position will focus on:
• Financial recordkeeping and reporting of grants (financial reporting, billing, and budget reviews)
• Coordinates the preparation of invoices and financial reports to granting agencies
• Accounting management using QuickBooks Online including data entry and reconciliation
• Manages account payable and accounts receivable
• Supports financial reporting to the Board and as part of 990 preparation
The successful candidate will have:
• Associates in Accounting with at least 2 years relevant work experience or Bachelors in Accounting with at least 6 months relevant work experience
• Experience with non-profit or grant finance reporting preferred
• Demonstrated experience with QuickBooks or related financial software
• Proven Excel mastery of pivot tables, formulas, etc.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a cross-functional team
Pay range of $45,000 to $52,500 annually, commensurate with experience and hours worked
Why Work at Green Umbrella
• Rewarding Mission
• Generous Paid Time Off and Other Paid Leave Options (Holidays, Bereavement, Parental Bonding)
• Health Insurance (100% of health insurance premium cost for full-time employees is covered (no waiting period)
• Flexible work schedule with hybrid office hours
At Green Umbrella, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply. Lived experience is equally important as educational experience. We are committed to making sure our applicant pool is diverse and reserve the right to extend the application period or seek additional candidates if it is not.
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. First review will take place May 29, 2023 but the position will remain open until it is filled. No phone calls please.
GREEN UMBRELLA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND VALUES DIVERSITY AT ALL LEVELS OF ITS WORKFORCE.