Paddlesports Instructor - Great Parks of Hamilton County
The Adventure Outpost at Winton Woods is looking for skilled instructors to join our team! Adventure Outpost Instructors lead and assist with a variety of outdoor recreation programs, including kayaking, canoeing, stand up paddleboarding, archery, team building and backpacking skills. The schedule is varied, and includes evenings, weekends and holidays, and instructors can expect 20-30 hours per week. This position is for the summer season, mid-May through early August. The experience and training we offer can build the foundation for your career in outdoor education.
- Prepares and leads youth and adult groups through various types of challenging recreational activities including but not limited to team building, kayaking, canoeing, archery, hiking and bicycling.
- Participates in discussion based on the activities and assists chaperones with group control.
- Presents group activities in an accurate and educational manner for schools, community groups, organizations, and the general public and for special events.
- Maintains recreational equipment and program equipment at Adventure Outpost under guidance of Adventure Outpost Manager.
- Provides accurate information to general public and answers inquiries, maintains good public relations.
An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate required knowledge, skills, and abilities. An example of an acceptable qualification is:
Associate’s Degree in Parks and Recreation and at least 1 year of training or experience with demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of recreational activities, practices and procedures.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
State Motor Vehicle Operator’s License that meets GPHC current carrier guidelines
Benefits include membership in Ohio Public Employees Retirement System and free or discounted use of many Great Parks’ recreational activities.
Great Parks is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or any other classification protected under applicable law
More information and application can be found here.