Bookkeeper - Community Shares of Greater Cincinnati
Organization: Community Shares of Greater Cincinnati
About the position:
Community Shares of Greater Cincinnati
Job Posting for Bookkeeper (Part-Time, Salaried)
Community Shares of Greater Cincinnati – A network of 30 local nonprofits, we’re your hub for building stronger communities in the Greater Cincinnati area. We empower local nonprofits through fundraising, grassroots activities, advocacy, research, and public education. Together we work to bring love, compassion, and change by addressing the social, economic , and environmental challenges our communities face. We help build relationships, community involvement, and citizen activism by connecting member organizations, donors, and employers.
Position Summary: Reporting to the CEO, the Bookkeeper manages the financial activities of CSGC, including accounting and finance; provides support to the CEO, staff, and committees.
Salary Range: $25,000-$30,000 depending on experience
Hours: While we allow some flexibility in work times and locations, the Bookkeeper is expected to schedule 20 work hours per week. Currently, our office allows telecommuting on Mondays and Fridays and our Cincinnati office is usually open 9-5 Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
• Support CEO with financial reporting.
• Responsible for accounting and banking functions of the organization: Receivables, accruals, payables, payroll, benefits administrator, and bank account reconciliation.
• Coordinate annual audit and 990 tax return preparation with auditor.
• Ensure compliance with financial standards and regulations.
• Staff Finance & Administration Committee.
• Ensure accuracy of data entry of gifts and donor information
• Management of annual member dues, invoices, quarterly reports, and distributions to member groups.
• Liaison for payroll processor and insurance payments: Enroll new employees, issue W-2 and 1099 forms, SIMPLE IRA plan, and terminate departing employees in system.
• Submit required State of Ohio filings, such as Ohio Attorney General Charitable Registration and State of Ohio unclaimed funds report.
• Timely and accurate entry of all general operations and campaign donations in database and production of gift acknowledgement letters.
• Associate’s degree in accounting or business administration or related field and 3 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Familiarity with accounting software and production of financial reports.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, with extensive knowledge of Excel and Word, and Quickbooks.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and communications with stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
• Broad thinker – contributes to strategic planning while completing tasks on time.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Experience using donor database systems.
• Understanding of banking and payment systems, including EFT and ACH payment processes and credit card acceptance and settlement processes.
• Experience working in a small, not-for-profit environment and executing a wide range of duties.
• Experience supporting development/advancement activities.
• Reliable transportation for occasional deliveries.
• Reliable high speed home Internet service (if working any hours remotely)
Candidates from minority and historically marginalized populations are especially encouraged to apply.
E-mail cover letter describing accountancy and fundraising experience, resume, and professional writing sample by July 31, 2023, to email@example.com.
More information can be found here.