Office Manager & Bookkeeper - Hall Hunger Initiative
Organization: Hall Hunger Initiative
About the position:
POSITION: Office Manager & Bookkeeper
SCHEDULE: 25 hr/wk; possibility to increase. In-person office hours with occasional remote work. This position is funded for six months with the possibility to extend.
SALARY: $20/hr (This position does not offer benefits)
REPORTS TO: Hall Hunger Initiative Assistant Director
This position will provide substantive administrative and bookkeeping support towards Hall Hunger Initiative’s (HHI) efforts to create a just and sustainable food system as well as providing support for our partner Agraria Center for Regenerative Practice (Agraria). As a split position, the Office Manager & Bookkeeper will spend 15 hours a week with HHI and 10 with Agraria and may have the opportunity to increase. This position is funded for six months but will have the possibility to extend. We are open to a candidate who has some of the skills listed and is willing to learn the others.
Both projects are innovative and creative, making this an exciting opportunity to have a meaningful role in important community projects.
If you are a self-starter, passionate about helping your community, organized, able to work without close supervision, good with people and technology , and excited about making a positive change, we invite you to consider this unique and rewarding opportunity.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Organize and maintain filing systems so that pertinent information is easy to find and accessible
● Basic bookkeeping - logging and tracking expenses and income
● Paying bills, tracking invoices and maintaining financial accounts
● Conduct research projects such as basic grant information and timelines, project specific data & statistics and other information as needed
● Assist in planning and implementing events, including contacting venues, sending and tracking invitations, arranging for food, helping with publicity, etc.
● Assist in scheduling and planning travel, including making plane and hotel reservations
● Create basic flyers and promotional materials
● Greet visitors, answer questions and provide guidance
● Other activities as identified by partners as needed
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree or 3 years administrative experience preferred.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
● Excellent communication skills, including speaking and writing
● Solid bookkeeping & account reconciliation skills
● Strong time management skills
● Familiar with Quickbooks
● Familiar with Google, Canva and Microsoft programs
● Familiar with virtual meeting platforms
● Adaptable to a variety of tasks and changing work environment
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to Alex Klug at
Hall Hunger Initiative is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of employment.