Rescue & Share Coordinator - La Soupe
Organization: La Soupe
About the position:
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Rescue & Share Coordinator
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. The comprehensive employee benefits package includes free employee lunch (M - F), health insurance, life insurance with AD&D, ST and LT disability, paid time off, and investment in career development. Vision and dental are provided at employee cost.
Salary Range: $18 - $22/hour
Job Type: Non-Exempt
Location: La Soupe, 915 E McMillian St, Cincinnati, OH 45206
Reports To: Rescue & Share Manager
Start Date: November 2023
About the position:
The Rescue & Share Coordinator is responsible for the communication and logistics for partner relationships associated with the Rescue, Share, and Bucket Brigade programs. They report to the Rescue & Share Manager and work to support the day-to-day operations of the Rescue and Share Programs. They represent La Soupe as an ambassador of our mission to bridge the gap between food waste and food insecurity across the Greater Cincinnati region. This role is responsible for day-to-day partner communications, managing partner needs, communicating feedback, and delivering feedback as required to maintain healthy productive partnerships. This is a cross-functional role working closely with departments including Volunteer, Transform, and Dock to maintain smooth internal operations.
Partner Communications (60%)
● Acts as the day-to-day point of contact and ambassador to all share partners and rescue partners, supporting their onboarding, scheduling, ongoing communications, feedback surveys, and compliance with La Soupe standards.
● Coordinates the distribution and tracks participation in an annual feedback process for all partnerships for data needs, feedback, and continuous improvement.
● Tracks partnership agreements and coordinates annual distribution to ensure one is in place for all partnerships.
● Ensures all details of the organizations we work with are properly documented in internal systems.
● Works with the Rescue Share Manager to support check-ins on current partners with emails, phone calls, and visits. Maintains open communication with every partner and ensures that our food and delivery best fit their needs.
● Communicates partner changes to the Rescue Share Manager which may impact Rescue and Share programs in a timely manner.
● Supports partner events as needed including managing tastings and out-of-house education through department collaboration as needed.
● Participates in occasional off-site/off-hours events with a professional appearance and demeanor.
Partner Scheduling (30%)
● Owns and creates daily production plans based on partner schedules, and collaborates with Dock Co-Managers and Executive Chef to maintain and improve on tracking of inbound and outbound products
● Responsible for relationship management, supply/ demand balancing, and scheduling/ coordination of all Rescue, Share, Bucket Brigade, compost, and animal feed partners to meet production goals and update orders and schedules to optimize distributions.
● Works with the Executive Chef, Shipping and Receiving team, and Volunteer team to coordinate the distribution of transformed and direct donated food to partners keeping in mind cultural preferences, size, and storage capacity.
● Owns and creates weekly meal prep sheets for the kitchen, Food As Medicine, and Dock.
● Assists in the placement of large food rescues/shares with appropriate agencies.
● Collaborate with the inventory manager and Rescue Share Manager on daily schedules.
Volunteer Management (10%)
● Collaborates with the Volunteer team to track and schedule all volunteer deliveries to ensure smooth distribution of food through Food Rescue US.
● Proactively identifies gaps and solicits external and internal support to ensure service is provided to partner agencies.
Key Performance Indicators:
● Feedback is collected annually at minimum from all partners. If a partner gives feedback about their order, the order is changed in a timely manner.
● All regular partners have documented partnership agreements signed annually.
● The amount of food the kitchen is producing is being donated to the community.
Qualifications & Professional Skills:
● Commitment to La Soupe’s mission, values, and culture
● Experience with GSuite, Sheets, and Forms
● Drivers License, no major infractions in the past 5 years
● 2+ years experience managing internal and external communications, or program coordination
Skills and Abilities:
● Builds effective relationships through formal and informal networks, internally and externally
● Knowledge of food safety, restaurant ops, or food facility operations prefered
● Warm and friendly, highly flexible, desire to help others
● Can work within a team to manage expectations
● Self-motivator, sees the big picture, can recognize priorities of tasks
● Experienced team player and team leader
● Creative problem solver - Must work well under pressure
● EXTREMELY detail-oriented and organized
● Free Lunch
● Paid Holidays
● Access to company-sponsored healthcare
● PTO after 90 days of employment
● Get to work with best crew in the city while helping communities
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to sit or stand. The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; outside weather conditions; extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
About La Soupe: La Soupe works with communities across the Greater Cincinnati region to reduce food waste and food insecurity. Our chef-based model utilizes our volunteer network to rescue perishables from farms, grocers, and wholesalers. Our highly talented Transform team of chefs and volunteers transform this food into healthy soupes and meals. Our soupes and meals are distributed to roughly 170 share partners that feed the food insecure and are available to purchase at our retail storefront. We have a well-established program of rescuing prepared overages from restaurants and catering and delivering directly to agencies that serve those in need.
To apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to Amy Scarpello, Partner Relations Manager at email@example.com by Oct 15, 2023
More information can be found here.